Gain height but NOT weight?

By August 17, 2010 - 5:09am

I'm a fifteen year-old female and I know by this time I have almost (if not completely) stopped growing taller. But I am largely dissatisfied with my height. I heard about this supplement called Cherifer PGM 10-22 with CGF, but if I took it I will gain weight too, which will not be good news for me as I'm already dwindling between normal and overweight. Moreover, I don't think a revved up appetite plus daily temptations from accessibly evil fast food chains mix well. Isn't there anything out there designed to make someone grow taller but NOT gain weight at the same time?

Great ideas, Susan!! Forgot to mention those...

Hi S,
I know it may not be much, but one way you can appear taller is to work on improving posture. Stand taller, and even appear slimmer!
Check out this article I found on Real Simple:
Being short myself, I also have found that confidence and being a "go-getter" can definitely compensate for height.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Christine Jeffries)

In addition to Cary and Christine's great advice, Yoga and Pilates are great for "stretching" you body, giving it a longer, leaner look (although this may have been covered in Christine's link).

If it's important to you to look taller:

Dress in a way that lengthens your look. Lose stripes that are horizontal and stay away from capri's or skirts/dresses that cut you off in the calves.

Also, use a nude shoe or the same color of your pants/skirt (not your top) to elongate your silhouette.

Wear your hair up or wear a hat.

Wear fitted clothes, rather than loose or bulky ones.

And for a night out, wear high heels that blend with your pants or dress so that you look taller naturally.

Finally - there's nothing wrong with being short! Accept who you are and love yourself regardless of size!

Hi S

There is no supplement that will help you grow taller. Your height is your height. In some rare cases children who are not growing properly are given human growth hormone injections by a pediatric endocrinologist, but there is no treatment to make you taller just because you want to be taller.

I suggest you work on a healthy diet, and a good exercise program. This will help with the weight issues you mentioned and help you feel better about your body in general. Height varies among individuals, and that is natural and there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for writing and good luck.