Girlfriend suffering worrying symptoms.

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend has missed her period for 3 months - We both know she is definitely not pregnant. For the past month, she has been suffering from severe cramps. Three days ago, she bled very heavily, she had told me the blood was of a "brownish red colour". The past two days she bled for around two hours, both times the blood was "pinkish red".
Today she did not bleed, however still is suffering from the cramps, the pain constantly fluctuating. She now has acne, has claimed she lately has had an increased appetite and has been very anxious.

She is 19.

I'm worried for her, she's seeing a doctor in 3 weeks but I'm too worried to wait that long with barely any clue of what it might be. Any speculation helps her and I, not knowing what she's suffering with has been eating me up.

Your girlfriend may be dealing with a hormonal disorder or irregularity that is causing this absence of periods with intermittent bleeding.

She may have a cyst or fibroids although fibroids tend to have heavy bleeding. She may have something called polycystic ovaries (PCOS) - she can read about that here: http://www.empowher.com/polycystic-ovarian-syndrome/content/polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-pcos

PCOS can cause pain and lack of periods.

Or she may just need the birth control pill for regulation. Since she needs to see a doctor for tests/exams, we can only offer suggestions as to what may be wrong. It's a pity she has to wait another three weeks but in the meantime, be calm and supportive around her. Thank you for looking out for her.