Got a Sex Question You Need Answered? "Ask Me Anything", Says Dr. Marty Klein

By EmpowHER May 23, 2008 - 12:34pm

Dr. Marty Klein, a well-known marriage counselor and sex therapist is tackling your toughest sex questions. Submit your question here (anonymously if you prefer) and he could respond to you on his next show.

Visit Dr. Klein's web site:
http://www.SexEd.org

Get Dr. Klein's books:
http://www.SexEd.org/books.html

Anonymous

Hi! I am 27 year old woman I am wondering, I have been on birth control pills for years, wel this pass week I skipped 2 in a row Jan 5 & 6.I was sick and forgot to take. I have also been on antibiotics since Wednesday Jan 4. Well Friday Jan 6th, a day I skipped my pills me and my husband had sex. Now Sunday Jan 8 I started bleeding very heavy, I know this is from not having the pills but my question is could I possibly become pregnant. I don't want to continue taking my pills with the possibility of that but I want to continue taking them in case I am not. Help!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you started bleeding heavily, you are not pregnant. You may want to speak with your gynecologist about waiting for the bleeding to stop, before either resuming the remaining pills or just starting a new pack.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 33 yr old male. My girlfriend of 6 months recently told me about a threesome history she had with a couple which a quiet close to her. First it shocked me as I didn't expect it from her (my expectation I know) 2nd it was quiet pornographic and that has made me jealous. 3rd it's how I was cheated on in the relationship previously.
First question. I'm really not comfortable with their friendship. They guy was the instigator and I don't trust his intentions. Whilst I know she has a choice in this and I trust her, I have been burnt by this before. This is honestly affecting me to the point where it feels like physical pain to trust this situation. Can I ever get to a point where it will be ok, what sort of things can I ask to be in place with out being controlling of their friendship.
This has caused some problems for us and it took me a while to realise that I was jealous. I first thought this was all about getting hurt by this situation that is familiar. I expressed that it is something I would like to happen for us and the response was "good luck getting that from me" it's made me feel like crap because now it feels like this is something reserved only for them and they have special thing over our relationship. Look I know my thoughts are probably getting away from me, but I need some real advice. I have seemed professional help, but I'm stuck on the issue and I'm really concerned that I just can't push past this situation. Which ultimately means I end the an other wise perfect relationship. Any advice would be appreciated. And for the record, the act of what happend is not something I care about, it is that they are still there in her life with only assumed boundaries that makes me very uncomfortable.

Hello Anon

Thank you for your post.

If you have only been together for 6 months and you are uncomfortable with your girlfriends' sexual needs and if she has cheated on you already, you are under no obligation to "forgive" or accept this. Your girlfriend has been clear she will not be monogamous to you so you need to accept that or end the relationship. I'm sorry this relationship has gone this way.

Anonymous

Hello Im 22 year old female.
I really need to know if it's normal to poop during anal sex ? It was really awkward. It was a very little smear nd a brown leakage. Why does this happen?

This happens because anal sex penetrates your anus (obviously!) and this is where fecal matter comes out. So it can trigger defecation during/after sex.

I have two sexual partners. This only happens with one of them. Why?
And how to avoid pooping then ?

We can't say why - it may be his sexual technique is different or more vigourous that the other.

I can't say how to stop defacating during anal sex - this is something you can discuss with your doctor.

Anonymous

Hello. So I have a very complicated question and I'm hoping you can help. When I was little I was told something inappropriate happened to me. I don't remember it clearly, but I am pretty sure it happen. Although I don't know if I heard th story and then just lead myself to believe it happened. Anyways, I'm almost 23 now. I've been with my partner for almost 2 years, I'm extremely comfortable with him and love him. He's the first guy I've had sex with. However, I am never in the mood, I don't really get wet or aroused, it's more so like me just waiting for it to be over, it can be hard for him to get inside me because I'm really tight, and also it's sometimes painful when he's thrusting (he's gentle too, not hard). Another thing is no one (not even past lovers) has been able to make me orgasm, I have only orgasmed through masturbating. I am stuck in this situation, and I don't exactly know what I can do to make it any better? I feel like it's my fault.

Thanks for reaching out.

It's hard to say if anything happened to you when you were young - you may never know.

But you may have some sort of underlying anxiety that is holding you back. Please talk to a doctor or therapist to see what can be done.