is gram positive cocci stapylococcus an infectious one?

good evening!..ive been to my ob/gyne and she ordered urine test and swab test and the result was that i have UTI and for the swab test a gram positive cocci stapylococcus so i had a diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis and uti,so she prescribed me 2 antibiotics 2 of kinds maybe for the UTI and the bacterial vaginosis so my questions are, is this kind of infection an infectous one?(gram positive cocci stapylococcus) ive been on my 4th day of treatment and i had contact with my bf, if this is an infectous one could he be infected now??would this lead me to be infertile?..thank you and im hoping to hear from you soon..GBY

if he wash immediately after we did, can he be safe with the infection?

(reply to Anonymous)

He will not get infected. Bacterial vaginosis is bacteria in the vagina-- you should abstain from sex because it may interfere with your treatment. Wait until you've finished treatment to have sex again.

If you were diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis and tested positive for s. aureus bacteria, then you have a Bacterial Infection. It is easily treated with antibiotics, just as your UTI is-- however, you can make your infection worse by having sex. You see, sex introduces bacteria into the vagina which is how you got this in the first place. So, even though he cant get it-- you can interfere with treatment. Many women have had BV at one point or another, it is a mild infection so once you've been treated you shouldn't worry about being infertile-- many women who are now mothers have had this before.

Take care,

Bacterial Vaginosis