Had 2 periods last month and now this month no sign of it

By Anonymous April 24, 2009 - 12:14pm

Wonder can anybody help me. Last month I had two periods in the space of 2 weeks. My last one came on the 25th march. I came off my brevinor pill about 2-3 months ago so I attributed that to my irrigularity.

I was due my next period on 22nd april, yesterday, but nothing came. although for the past week or longer Iv been suffering with back pains and painful period cramps and constant sick feeling at night and in the morning also there has been a white gooey discharge.

I always use protection when I have sex but I didnt about 10 days ago but I did take the morning after pill, well the normal contraceptive as I ws told by doctor that they are the same and i took them as I shud, 2 and then 12 hours later another 2 . He also pulled out before he came so I wasnt particurly worried.

Ususally when I get these pains and sickness I start bleeding but nothing has come. Im afraid at the minute to take a test cos I have had 2 painful miscarriages in the last 2 years and I am really not ready to be pregnant again.

can anyone give me any advice at all please

Thanks so much for your question!

It's a bit difficult to discern what may be happening here since we're not privvy to exactly what is going on with your health and life.

I agree with you that coming off the Pill just two months ago or so can definitely attribute to some irregularity. If you don't want to get pregnant, you really need to make sure you use protection everytime! I understand how it can happen (believe me!) but do try to ensure you use protection at all times. The "pull out" (or "pull 'n' pray" as we call it!) method does not work.

The only thing you can do for today is take a pregnancy test. They are highly accurate and you will know in just a few minutes. But you are only one day late and since you just came off the Pill, this may simply be due to irregularity.

Why did you come off the Pill? If you are not ready to be pregnant again (and I'm so sorry about your miscarriages) was there a medical reason for you coming off the Pill?

Please keep us updated!