had colostomy 2007 ventral hernia paristomal hernia now I'm having pain over stoma and goes into my back very painful

By April 23, 2010 - 9:27pm

I've had in 1979 ruptured appendix 1985 Hiatal hernia/Hemhoidectomy 1990 Hemhoidectomy 1991 Hysterectomy Rectocele,Cystocele, Enterocele 1992 Rectocele, Bladder Suspension 1993 Hemhoidectomy 1994 Colon Resection 15 inches of small bowel removed 1994 Rectocele, Cystocele 1995 Large Ventral Hernia, Bladder Suspension 2005 Rectocele, Enterocele, Cystocele May 2006 Colon Resection removed 3 inches of bowel Aug 2006 Small bowel Resection 4 inches removed 2007 Ventral Hernia, Colostomy 2008 Ventral Hernia, Paristomal hernia, Cystocele. Now I'm having pain over stoma that goes into my back pain all the time. In November 2009 had to be admitted in hospital for a bowel obstruction, doctors could not do surgery they said it would be to risky, so I was in the hospital for a week and then discharged. Now the pain has started back up. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi christiangurl-

My thought is that you need to see a health care provider as soon as possible. There are several possible issues here, and all of them need treatment. The biggest one is if you have another obstruction and do not seek treatment, you could end up with a perforated bowel which could then infect your entire abdominal cavity.

I'm sorry you have been through so much. All of those surgeries are hard to deal with. But please don't wait. You need to be evaluated. If I were in your shoes, I'd be in the emergency room.

Good luck to you.

Hi Christiangurl

I am so sorry you've been dealing with all this pain, not to mention the surgeries.

Your question will be submitted to one of our experts, but I suspect he may suggest you find a board certified doctor in your area who will have access to your medical charts, especially since you have had such extensive surgeries done.

Bearing in mind that it's the weekend, please give us a few days to hear back from an expert.

Don't give up, I know there's help out there for you. In the meantime, what are you doing for pain relief?

Hiatal Hernia

Hiatal Hernia Guide