Had protected sex 4 days before expected period, now it's a week late, but negative pregnancy tests.

By Anonymous February 10, 2015 - 2:14pm

We had protected sex with a condom 4 days before my expected period (28th day of cycle) and my cycle is usually regular. Now, I'm a week late (35 days in) and haven't had my period yet. On the 30th and 31st days, I took two pregnancy tests and they were both negative. On the 33rd and 34th days, I took 3 more, all negative. Three different brands of tests (Clear Blue, First Response, Answer). Since I took all the tests after the expected day of my period, they are most likely accurate, right? It wasn't too early or anything?

Your tests are likely accurate. 

Your period is dictated by hormones, you may be late due to a hormonal shift or even stress.