Hair loss

By April 24, 2015 - 5:58am

Just wondering what vitamins I could be lacking in as my hair is falling out in lumps :( I was getting a B12 injection for more than a year but when I got pregnant the doctor said I didn't need it anymore so I'm a bit baffled as to why it just keeps falling out, I've got noticeable thinning at each side of my head n it's very embarrassing... Any advice would be appreciated! Thank u

Hello Nichola,

Thinning hair and significantly noticeable hair loss can be embarrassing and lower your self esteem.

Identifying the cause of hair loss is the first step to finding an effective treatment. Many things can cause alopecia,which is the medical term for hair loss. These include stress, that prompts growing hairs to rest and shed, illness or surgery, vitamin and nutrient deficiencies, prolonged fever, childbirth. emotional/psychological stress, crash dieting and hormonal problems.

Nicola, are you experiencing any of these risk factors?

You might find the information you are looking for in this article:
Hair Loss and Nutritional Deficiency

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Well I just had a baby so stress levels r running a bit high lol thank u for the help :)

HERWriter Guide (reply to Nichola)

You should have mentioned you just had a baby. Hair loss (lots of it) is common after birth. I lost massive amounts after all my children. I would advise you to have your thyroid checked too, just in case.  

Post partum thyroid issues are fairly common and they can also contribute to hair loss. 

Hair Loss

Hair Loss Guide