Has anyone else suffered with bloating, acid reflux, pain in tummy and nausea

Ive recently been diagnosed with what the doctor thought was acid reflux, I had a camera down and everything was normal although the symptoms seemed to indicate acid, for example, burning sensation in my tummy, inflammed oesophagus, bloating, etc.

I was prescribed some medication to reduce acid and the doctor said that if it was acid i should be feeling better however im not, and im feeling at a lose end now and dont know what else to try.

Now i am no closer to getting a diagnosis from the doctors or any idea of what may be causing it! ive had more camera's down to see what it may be and the gall bladder, pancreas, liver and spleen are normal and they said my tummy and blood tests were normal! However, the symptoms just seem to be getting worse bloating, nausea, belching, pain in my back, headaches, etc etc!

Everything i enjoy eating i have tried to cutout of my diet, such as vinegar, fatty foods, chocolate, cheese, etc but i still find the pain gets worse a couple of hours after eating!

can anyone please help or has anyone been through the same thing?

yes i am the one who suffer like you. Recently my doctor prescription pantozol 40 mg before breakfast & dinner. Believe me icannot go out. That embarassing me.

(reply to Anonymous)

What is your diagnosis?

Pantazol is primarily a short-term use drug, used to help treat damage to your esophagus from gastrointestinal reflux disease. Did your doctor give you any expectations as to what should happen next? Have you been given dietary suggestions?

Expert HERWriter

Hi Susan,

You are spot on with your information and questions. Thanks for taking the time to take my post to a whole new level for her.

I have been where she is with acid reflux and bowel issues like IBS and Diverticulosis. These are not fun things to have. Sometimes they can be very debilitating. I remember days where I could not leave the house because I never knew if I was going to have a problem with my stomach or bowel. It would come on fast and furious after I'd had something to eat or sometimes it would only take the first bite to trigger a "gut reaction" as I call it.

I hope she gets back with us. I'd sure love it if we can help advocate for her. I felt so alone. I never want another women to feel like I did.

Have a great night!

Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHer. I'm sorry to read how much pain you are in, especially since eating is something you have to do - it's not like you can cut it out like you can another activity.

Michelle has asked you some great questions and since it appears to be directly related to you diet, can you give us a clear idea of what kind of diet you have?

Do you know if you are lactose intolerant?

We also need to know a little about your intestinal health. Are you having difficulties going to the bathroom? Anything change there? In addition to it being acid reflux, the problem could even be a little lower - Crohn's disease, diverticulosis or colitis.

One more issue I'd like talk about is a gastro bacteria called H Pylori (Helicobacter Pylori). Many with this bacteria have no symptoms but others that have this infection exhibit many of the symptoms you have been experiencing, especially the pain. Food and antacids can actually ease the symptoms for a couple of hours before it starts again and I notice you said that a couple of hours after eating the pain begins again. Nausea is also a common symptom, as is belching and bloating. H Pylori is usually transmitted through the mouth, so in something you ate or infected water. Also, it can affect your mouth by being transported back from the stomach via belching or acid reflux - two symptoms you also have. It's worth asking about H Pylori - it is a common infection, affecting millions of people worldwide including the United States.

Seeing a GI specialist is an excellent idea.

Please give us an update with some of our questions!

Expert HERWriter

I am so sorry you are having such horrible stomach issues. It can be a whole host of things. Let me ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind...

-how old are you?
-has your thyroid been checked?
-do you have copies of your blood tests?
-any family history of acid reflux?
-does it come and go or just there all the time?
-have you been to a GI specialist?
-are you a vegetarian?

I, too, used to suffer from all those things you've just described. Mine was hormonal. Yours could be something totally different but I need to know more in order to help you figure this out. It's the worst when you can't eat anything without having acid reflux and have your stomach hurt all the time.

Please get back with me or go you can private message me. I'm happy to help.

Best in health,

Heartburn (GERD)

Heartburn (GERD) Guide