has anyone had a 3 rd child with a 13 year split between? same mariage?

Just wondering if I could get input from ladies on being a "split mom.". I have a 14 and a 12 year old. We always thought we only wanted 2. However, as we have entered our 40's we have started to consider the possibility of a 3rd. 8 would love to hear any thoughts. even regrets. thanks!

I am not in this position but I do know (or grew up with) several mothers (or the children) who are/were in this situation. 

From what I know, there was shock as this gap was never planned but no regrets. Although maybe there were but I didn't know about it. But outwardly, there were certainly no regrets and the youngest child was very cherished. 

The only regret that I was told about wasn't about having the child but about the gap in age as the siblings had completely different childhoods and were not as close as those that grew up together and were the same generation. One was off to college when the other was entering grade school. But the love was fierce! 

If you have a third, I've no doubt he or she will be adored! Just weigh up the pros and cons and you'll make the right decision. 

I really hope other mothers or their now adult children can give you their input. 

Parenting Guide