PMS

PMS Guide

ask: Has anyone tried Chaste Tree supplement to relieve PMS symptoms and regulate cycle?

By Free2Bme

Has anyone tried Chaste Tree as a supplement/herb to help regulate your menstrual cycle? It is hormone free, and I heard it helps with cramping, headaches and breast tenderness.

Anonymous

WOW I JUST HEARD ABOUT CHASTE TREE,IM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND NO LUCK,20 YRS OLD TRYING FOR ABOUT 2 YRS NOW AND NOTHING,CAN CHASTE TREE BE OK FOR ME? HOW CAN I FIND THIS HERB? MY CYCLES COME EVERY MONTH AND MY DR. TOLD ME EVERYTHING OVORIES,TUBES ECT... WERE WORKING GREAT!!!

Anonymous

Now that I am going through peri-menopause, my cramps are worse than ever - and they were always bad. I hadn't yet heard about Chaste tree though, so I'm going to run out and see if I can find some today. My small town might not have it, but I'm willing to travel a bit if I can find something to help. After seeing the 60 minutes episode last night re: resveratrol supplements, I need to find someplace I can get those anyway, so might as well get both at the same time. Glad I ran across this before I headed out to the store. Thanks.

Thank you for this information...very helpful! I noticed that my multivitamin that I take, after I wrote the post above, actually contains Chaste Tree, as well as some enzymes and other ingredients. The multi is from the Whole Foods brand.

Dr. Susan

Chase Tree is a wonderful herb...it is also known as Vitex Agnus Castus. I use it frequently in my practice for a number of patients:

1. PMS
2. Migraines related to menstrual cycles
3. Irregular periods
4. Infertility

Vitex modulates progesterone...which is usually low in patients with these complaints. It is safe and effective. I do recommend patients stop the supplement during their periods and if they become pregnant. It also takes about 3 months or 3 menstrual cycles for Vitex to do it's work. You should take it for about 6 months or so.

Dr.Susan
http://www.lakeshorewellnesscenter.com