Has anyone tried the new Shake Weight for upper arm and shoulder toning?

By HERWriter Guide February 3, 2010 - 2:25pm

I've been seeing commercials for this and I'm very skeptical of any kind of "informerical" type things I see on TV. Especially when I hear the "BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! ORDER IN THE NEXT FOUR MINUTES AND WE'LL...." all said in an overly excited soft yell.

The premise of the Shake Weight (specifically targeted for women) is "Dynamic Inertia" (I don't even know what that means) and no batteries are needed - just some kind of ball-bearing that slides bath and forth with minimal shaking, and can slim and tone - all in JUST SIX MINUTES A DAY!!! Or so they shout at me. They promise to produce lean long muscle, rather than adding bulk - a common concern for women.

The women look amazing but I'm sure they have pretty intense fitness regimes in general.

I'd love a dumbbell that can give me toned and lean upper arms in just SIX MINUTES A DAY!!! and if it works, I'd risk my money and pay up for this Shake Weight. There are some positive reviews, some negative and dubious "scientific proof" that they work that is not really referenced.

I'd love to hear from someone who has tried them. Did they work?

I just ordered the shake weight. Reason being is to fire up my muscles before I step in the gym. I dont believe the weight will build muscle, I think it will be good for pre-workout.

My sister-in-law bought these and I have to say that after a couple of minutes of doing it your arms feel like they are on fire! I would have to borrow them from her for about a month to really let you know if they work or not, but her arms are pretty toned and for a burn like that I'd have to say they definitely work when done daily and of course with a proper diet.

Oh, and I think if you did it for longer than 6 minutes your arms might fall off! :)

Fitness Guide