ask: Have to have a follow up mammogram and ultrasound...I am scared to death. I have found no lumps on my own but was told there were changes in my breast tissue. How worried should I be?

Dear Ckranda,

I'm sorry to hear that you had changes in your breast tissue-- thank you for posting your question. 

When there are changes in the tissue, a follow up mammogram and ultrasound need to be done and perhaps have future tests to verify whether or not it can be cancer. Please try to remain positive, remember that although the possibility of cancer can be very scary, it can also be treated if found early on. 

Please keep us posted,

Rosa

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide

Have you been tested for BRCA gene mutation?: