HCG Levels

By Anonymous March 3, 2011 - 10:22am

Hi, I just need to know that what should be the beta hcg levels in the bosy after having normal periods? Should it be zero or it can be anywhere less then 2 or 5?

Thanks

Anonymous

hello,i had a result in my BHCG quantitative and it is <1.20 miu/ml? am i negative for pregnancy?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

An hCG level of 5 mlU/ml and higher is considered positive for pregnancy. Levels can be detected in blood about 11 days following conception.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

so it means it's negative? thanks for your reply Ms.Maryann

Anonymous

My result in Quantitative test in pregnancy is >1.20, is that a negative?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

At about 3 weeks after the last menstrual period hCG levels are 5–50 mIU/ml.

How far along are you thought to be? Do you have any exact value?

Regards,

Anonymous

I had a last day of menstruation last jan.2-7,2017, I did a home pregnancy test last feb.9 and the result is negative,but to be sure I had a pregnancy test in the hospital yesterday and the doctor said the result is weak,so she did a quantitative test just to be sure and the result is >1.20, she said to me it's negative, Is it really true because up to now i don't have menstruation? Is it really negative?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Levels of hCG can be detected in a blood test about 11 days following conception.

At about 3 weeks after the last menstrual period levels are 5–50 mIU/ml.

Is your physician planning to repeat the test?

Regards,

i had two test yesterday, she didn't ask me to repeat the test again,only she said it's negative, is it really true?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes.

the first test result is weak, she ask me to have another test and it is BHCG Quantitative and the result is <1.20, i'm 45 years old, i'm worried coz until now i don't have my mentruation period.that's why i'm asking if the result is really negative.