Pregnancy Guide

ask: Hcg levels dropped at 5 weeks pregnant but no bleeding, will i for sure miscarry?

By polkadot214

I am 5 weeks at 4 days pregnant. at 4 weeks at 5 days my hcg levels were 1296, then almost a week later they dropped to 1000. I have had a little brown spotting, not even enough to get on my underwear. But other than that no bleeding. Will i definitely miscarry? Has anyone else had a 300 point drop and still carried a healthy baby?

Anonymous

hi,
i have undergone hcg test in fifth week of pregnancy. their is 10-15% drop in hcg level carried within interval of 48 hrs but there is no brown spot and i have decided to wait . now its 8 week i have done ultrasound and its showing proper heart beat and growth.

Hi.. what is your status..now is the baby alright?. Coz I am also in same situation. Please reply

Thank you do much for sharing.
i am 2 weeks my first hcg level 57 after 48hrs. Mi level get down 51 iam very worry. Thank you.

Anonymous

You can sometimes miscarry without bleeding, I would get the hcg thing checked out, I just went though a miscarriage and you wanna get on pain stuff before you get cramps trust me. Mine started dropping before I started bleeding, and it started light and brown with little clumps then got bad

Anonymous

did you find out results? at the moment i am having simular problems with my hcg and im 6+ weeks but my levels have dropped by about 60. went for ultrasound due to some cramping and pains,no bleeding but they couldn't see anything not even a sac at the moment, im so confused. if i work out dates to when me and my husband had intercourse i would only be about 4 weeks not 6.
please help

I'm on same boat. I just came out of ER they said u was pregnant then they did ultrasound and no sac visible.y hcg went from 18 to 8 according to them I was 5 weeks. According to our calendar we would be 4 weeks. I haven't had bleeding just pain on my abdomen. Is it possible that I haven't misscarried instead its only beginning?

Anonymous

Hello, my last periods were on 13 october and I had removed my iud on 31 october which is my day 20,, my cycle is usually 25 days,, after removing iud on day 20 used condomns,,, today is 17 havnt got my periods so went for test faint line was showing in urine test and very low hcg showing in my blood...what does that mean? Really worried and no pregnancy symptoms. Plz help

Anonymous

Hi all. I am exactly 6 weeks pregnant today. I started having pregnancy symptoms at 3 weeks and did a test 1 week before missed period which showed a faint positive. So I waited and did another test on day of missed period which really showed positive. My pregnancy symptoms are so much different than my last 4 pregnancies. I have 3 at home and I had a stillborn in February of last year at 26 1/2 weeks pregnant. They never did figure out what happened. With this pregnancy I have sore boobs, nausea, cramping,backache, itchy skin and carpal tunnel syndrome already. Carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy usually occurs in the second or third trimester. I went to the doctor at a medi clinic as my doc was unavailable. I told the medi doc that one particular day, I had stabbing pains in the middle of my stomach then every other day I had pretty mild cramping and really bad backache so he sent me for an ultrasound which I went for yesterday. So I was 5 weeks, 6 days pregnant when they did my ultrasound. The US tech didn't tell me much but what she did tell me was that she could see a sac but no baby. She said it could be too early. I am worried because I know the first day of LMP was Oct, 4. My husband and I had only made love on the 16th and 18th out of the month. The 16th was fertile day and the 18th was my ovulation day. So my dates would in no way wrong. Any thoughts? Sorry for such a long comment.

Anonymous

Hcg levels indicate whether the pregnancy is progressing. The actual number varies from pregnancy to pregnancy, but the number should double every 48 to 72 hrs until 10 weeks or so when the placenta takes over. Hcg basically tells your body to keep producing progesterone....progesterone is the hormone that stops you from menstruating. When your hcg levels drop low enough, your progesterone levels fall and you start to bleed. Sometimes, when something is wrong, like a chromosome problem, the hcg levels may continue to rise, but not double....a sac may develop and grow but the embryo itself does not develop....often called a blighted ovum or missed miscarriage. Eventually, the hcg levels will usually begin to fall and then bleeding will begin to flush the uterus. I have had 15 miscarriages....most were blighted ovums....my hcg levels usually rise, but not double...and eventually they start to fall. I prefer to miscarry naturally...my doctor usually lets me wait it out until 10 weeks...after that I have a d&c....waiting after 10 weeks can become risky. I know it is difficult, but know that is your hcg levels are falling, there is likely a major chromosomal problem going on, and a miscarriage is a blessing in disguise. My first pregnancy went fine until I learned at 20 weeks that the baby was severely deformed from a chromosome issue..we lost him shortly after. Trust me, I wish I had lost him at 6 weeks instead of 23....it was devastating! Don't give up hope on your next pregnancy....but trust that your body is doing the right thing if you miscarry.....sometimes it is for the best. Grieve, but don't lose hope for the future!

Anonymous

I had a cyst rupture around October 22nd or so. I found out on October 30th that I am pregnant. On November 1st ended up in the er with severe pain. First test at doctors office said my hormones were in the 700's. The er did an ultrasound and blood work. They told me I had hemorrhaged a lot in the uterus with the baby , my sac was oval, and wasn't sure of the outcome, and follow up in two days. When I did I was told my levels dropped into the 600's, and my baby stopped developing. They said I would miscarry any day now. That didn't sit well with me so I went for a second opinion. They didn't find any such thing. My hormones were almost to the 900's, but I am at risk of losing the baby. In just a few hours I go for a follow up blood draw, and I am nervous because I am starting to have pain.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :