Pregnancy Guide

ask: Hcg levels dropped at 5 weeks pregnant but no bleeding, will i for sure miscarry?

By polkadot214

I am 5 weeks at 4 days pregnant. at 4 weeks at 5 days my hcg levels were 1296, then almost a week later they dropped to 1000. I have had a little brown spotting, not even enough to get on my underwear. But other than that no bleeding. Will i definitely miscarry? Has anyone else had a 300 point drop and still carried a healthy baby?

Anonymous

Hello, my last periods were on 13 october and I had removed my iud on 31 october which is my day 20,, my cycle is usually 25 days,, after removing iud on day 20 used condomns,,, today is 17 havnt got my periods so went for test faint line was showing in urine test and very low hcg showing in my blood...what does that mean? Really worried and no pregnancy symptoms. Plz help

Anonymous

Hi all. I am exactly 6 weeks pregnant today. I started having pregnancy symptoms at 3 weeks and did a test 1 week before missed period which showed a faint positive. So I waited and did another test on day of missed period which really showed positive. My pregnancy symptoms are so much different than my last 4 pregnancies. I have 3 at home and I had a stillborn in February of last year at 26 1/2 weeks pregnant. They never did figure out what happened. With this pregnancy I have sore boobs, nausea, cramping,backache, itchy skin and carpal tunnel syndrome already. Carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy usually occurs in the second or third trimester. I went to the doctor at a medi clinic as my doc was unavailable. I told the medi doc that one particular day, I had stabbing pains in the middle of my stomach then every other day I had pretty mild cramping and really bad backache so he sent me for an ultrasound which I went for yesterday. So I was 5 weeks, 6 days pregnant when they did my ultrasound. The US tech didn't tell me much but what she did tell me was that she could see a sac but no baby. She said it could be too early. I am worried because I know the first day of LMP was Oct, 4. My husband and I had only made love on the 16th and 18th out of the month. The 16th was fertile day and the 18th was my ovulation day. So my dates would in no way wrong. Any thoughts? Sorry for such a long comment.

Anonymous

Hcg levels indicate whether the pregnancy is progressing. The actual number varies from pregnancy to pregnancy, but the number should double every 48 to 72 hrs until 10 weeks or so when the placenta takes over. Hcg basically tells your body to keep producing progesterone....progesterone is the hormone that stops you from menstruating. When your hcg levels drop low enough, your progesterone levels fall and you start to bleed. Sometimes, when something is wrong, like a chromosome problem, the hcg levels may continue to rise, but not double....a sac may develop and grow but the embryo itself does not develop....often called a blighted ovum or missed miscarriage. Eventually, the hcg levels will usually begin to fall and then bleeding will begin to flush the uterus. I have had 15 miscarriages....most were blighted ovums....my hcg levels usually rise, but not double...and eventually they start to fall. I prefer to miscarry naturally...my doctor usually lets me wait it out until 10 weeks...after that I have a d&c....waiting after 10 weeks can become risky. I know it is difficult, but know that is your hcg levels are falling, there is likely a major chromosomal problem going on, and a miscarriage is a blessing in disguise. My first pregnancy went fine until I learned at 20 weeks that the baby was severely deformed from a chromosome issue..we lost him shortly after. Trust me, I wish I had lost him at 6 weeks instead of 23....it was devastating! Don't give up hope on your next pregnancy....but trust that your body is doing the right thing if you miscarry.....sometimes it is for the best. Grieve, but don't lose hope for the future!

Anonymous

I had a cyst rupture around October 22nd or so. I found out on October 30th that I am pregnant. On November 1st ended up in the er with severe pain. First test at doctors office said my hormones were in the 700's. The er did an ultrasound and blood work. They told me I had hemorrhaged a lot in the uterus with the baby , my sac was oval, and wasn't sure of the outcome, and follow up in two days. When I did I was told my levels dropped into the 600's, and my baby stopped developing. They said I would miscarry any day now. That didn't sit well with me so I went for a second opinion. They didn't find any such thing. My hormones were almost to the 900's, but I am at risk of losing the baby. In just a few hours I go for a follow up blood draw, and I am nervous because I am starting to have pain.

Anonymous

To the best of my knowledge, usually when HCG drops, it is never a good sign. I researched this quite a bit bc when I was 6.5 weeks, I had both sacs formed but no baby on the ultrasound. My hcg had slightly dropped and we had ultrasounds for 3 more weeks, hoping that we had our dates wrong..the baby never showed and my hcg only dropped every day. One of the last ultrasounds finally showed the sacs collapsed, they were deteriorating..my husband and I had read success stories and hung onto any hope we could get up until this point..this is weeks later and I still had not bled or passed anything. It took almost a month before I officially miscarried and I bled for 3 weeks! I do not want to discourage you, but I think anyone in this situation should prepare for the worst and hope for the best..they ruled my miscarriage as a "blighted ovum" even though you do not even get as far as developing a sac with a true blighted ovum but it was such a similar situation, they considered it the same. My dr explained to us that with every tiny specification of what it takes to grow a baby, there are so many things that can go wrong. Something just didn't align right, she said most likely it was a chromosome issue. Even though it was a very tough time for us and we were devestated-we were ironically grateful at the same time..it's amazing how your body can sense when things are not right and can shut down the situation as a preventative. We finally agreed that it was better to lose the baby so early on bc there was obviously something very wrong w the formation and having to carry the entire pregnancy, bonding to this unborn child of ours, birthing, and then it passing away a few hours or so after birth bc of it's defects would have been unbearable..I had a concern that something was wrong w my body, that I was incapable of carrying a baby. My dr reassured me that it was nothing that I did wrong, nothing I could prevent, it just happens and happens very often..since then, as I talk w people about it, I find that it's happened to an overwhelming amount of people. Everyone had a friend, sister, or themselves that had been through the same events. You don't realize it or hear much about it bc it is usually private and not shared with everyone. So, I hope that your situation can turn around and u can have a healthy baby out of this. But remember that if it doesn't happen this time around, it is usually in the best interest of you and the baby. You have to be thankful for your body's ability to abort the situation early on and save some grief of what could be tragic later down the road..nothing is wrong w you, u did nothing wrong and it usually never happens back-to-back so u can immediately try again when ur hcg shows 5 or less and ur dr confirms it's safe..I hope that everything I have told u can be irrelevant and u will not need the advice and comfort and ur situation will turn around and hcg begin to rise but I think that having so much false hope can be more hurtful sometimes. You need to have the understanding that hcg drops are almost always a sign of miscarriage and miscarriage sometimes takes a while to happen which can throw u in a long state of limbo and confusion on what's going on. Try to request an ultrasound to see more of what's going on in there..best wishes to you and your family!

Anonymous

I am 3 weeks pregnant and I went to get my HcG levels checked on Nov 3rd and the level was 165 and today on Nov 5th around 12:00 I went to get another blood test and it dropped down to 99 tomorrow in the morning I get another blood test in the morning for my hcg are they good levels?

Anonymous

My HCg level drpdown from 158 to 128.
Please suggest me

ritared7

Hello, i'm pregnant last monthly sept 2,2014 and i took a home test on oct 6,2014 , the test was positive so i contact the doctor office they send me to get a blood test that was positive, my levels was 135 then i went back todays later for a repeat test and my levels was 118 but i'm taking progesterone 400 mg caps. they nurse said by it went down i'm about to have a miscarriage, no bleeding, no pain ,no cramping, just a wooried mind. they want to recheck my levels on monday again but i'm so scared , please can anyone tell me anything right now, i had one miscarriage early this year but i start off bleeding first?

Anonymous

Im six weeks bled for a few hours. went to hospital was told my points were 25678 to go in the next for ultrasound they say baby is there cant find a heart beat told to go get more blood the next day, which then was down 600..was told not to worry to go back in a week for another ultrasound and more blood work. Has anyone had good news after points dropping

Anonymous

I was 4 week preg and my HCG level was 650 when I went for my beta test. I had symptoms like breast sore, fatigue, frequent uriation, food cravings.

One day I felt like my symptoms decreased. Got a little concered I googled and figured out that it happened to many prego women who delivered healthy babies so I thought its normal.

2 days ago I started bleeding and pain increased gradually. My HCG level decreased. No sac was found in the ultrasound. Sadly, It was a 2nd month miscarriage. I still feel as if my breasts are little tingly and heavy. And I am still bleeding (due to oral abortion).

This is the second time i miscarried in a row. :( Now I am scared of trying again.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :