Pregnancy Guide

ask: Hcg levels dropped at 5 weeks pregnant but no bleeding, will i for sure miscarry?

By polkadot214

I am 5 weeks at 4 days pregnant. at 4 weeks at 5 days my hcg levels were 1296, then almost a week later they dropped to 1000. I have had a little brown spotting, not even enough to get on my underwear. But other than that no bleeding. Will i definitely miscarry? Has anyone else had a 300 point drop and still carried a healthy baby?

Anonymous

I did 15 different brands of pregnancy tests, all came up positive (inc digital clear blue). Doctor confirmed on 21/07 that i was 4wks and 3 days. I had the usual pregnancy symptoms (I have two boys already), sore boobs, a little weight gain etc, tiredness etc. on 26/07 (saturday) I started to bleed - this started dark and gradually became lighter in colour, i passed small blood clots and had mild tummy cramps (but not low down). On 28/07 I went to see the midwife, explained my situation and was sent for an internal scan the same day. The Sonographer confirmed there was nothing. She also wrote in her Report that I have a heart shaped womb (bleeding is common with this i believe). The bleeding lasted for 4 days, very light. The Hospital did a urine pregnancy test the same day and it came up negative. I just find it very hard to believe. I still feel pregnant, tired etc. Anyone else had a similar experience ? x

Anonymous

I'm two weeks pg I started to spot and it started to bleed like a period. I had no symptoms of miscarriage, went to the ER and they could find nothing on the ultrasound Dr's said it was to early to determine anything. They checked my cervix and I was told it was closed which it was a good sign. Had a second blood test and my hcg levels went from 1300 to 300 in 48hrs. They have me scheduled for another blood test within a week. Can it be possible that everything is fine with my unborn child or is it a miscarriage. Did research and it said two weeks into your pregnancy you'll bleed leading to your last period and low levels of hcg levels is when your caring a boy..... Still I'm left with no answers.... Can anybody help.....

Anonymous

Hi there, my wife's HCG levels just dropped and i am very concerned. Your blog has helped me understand her situation a bit better. I'm hoping to get an update, I hope you are having a healthy baby soon.
Take care and all the best,
D

Anonymous

Hey same problem! I was 4 weeks & 5 days and my hCG count was 7. I miscarried the same day.

Anonymous

Hi there, I have just found out I am pregnant, my hcg levels were 1389 when i was tested last monday. Had slight bleeding so they rested friday my hcg levels were 1990 since then i have been retested today and they have dropped to 1606. Doc said i would misscarry but i dont feel like that is the case, LMP was 5/1/2012

Anonymous

I am going through a similar situation right now.

I went to the doctor today, I had my HCG levels drawn, they dropped from 8700 to 8400. He said I will probably miscarry and wanted to schedule a D and C, but I told him I'd rather wait until I miscarry just to be 100% sure. He said if I don't miscarry by Monday he wants me to get bloodwork done again.

...I took my pregnancy test on the 17th of February, going by that date I would only be about 5-6 weeks pregnant, which could explain the reason they have not seen an embryo on the ultrasound yet. The sac is there, the yolk sac is present, and it is getting bigger. I might be more concerned if my levels dropped drastically, but they only dropped 300. How do you feel? I am going to get a second opinion, definitely. I have an appointment with another doctor in a week. Other then my HCG levels dropping a little bit, I don't have any other signs of miscarrying. I've had a miscarriage before so I know what to look for. I haven't had any spotting since a few weeks ago, no cramping, everything feels pretty normal. The first trimester is enough to drive a person crazy!!

Also, my last period was January 22nd, so I would have been fertile around February 4/5th which I do believe (from my lovely memory) that was when the baby was conceived.

I am in that same situation. Last period Feb 16, Mar 12 urine home test positive. Wed. April 11 my first doc visit and I should be 7 weeks pregnant. Ultrasound showed a sac measuring 6 weeks but no embryo visible. Took blood test that day and again Fri. April 13. Sun April 15 been told HCG levels slowly decresing. went from 62000 to 60000. Is that considerable enough and does it really represent beginning on miscarriage? Pregnacy symptoms also decresed a bit. Breast less tender, but still heavier. Bloating and Fatigue remains. I am not bleeding, I am cramping or anythign lile suggesting miscarriage. When or how will i know my current situation is really miscarriage?

Hi I was wondering what your outcome was??? I am in the same situation and am heartbroken. I am 6 weeks this Sat and my hcg dropped from 2300 to 2200, The u/s showed the sac but no pole? I am getting 3 more draws over the weekend but the doctor told me he was certain I was going to m/c! Sooooo confused since I have had zero bleeding!

carlotta.cooper3

ok question for me im on birth control and its a low dose and family history shows tht women in our family birth control doesn't always help prevent pregnancy and my cycles have been normal til last month and it was too light and im usually a normal flow and mood changes and eating weird are huge for me not to mention tender breasts and sex drive being zero and not being able to sleep. i took two tests one came back blank the other negative and these are home tests. any idea wut maybe going on?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :