Is he playing mind games with me?

By June 5, 2010 - 11:11am

I don`t know if I`m reading too much into this or not.
My boyfriend has been great, has changed a lot during the past months, but there is something that keeps bothering me..
Every two weeks he tells me "I gam falling in love all over in love with you all over "..what is does mean..that he is not in love the rest of the time??
Or at least once a week he calls me at says "I just got this feeling of love for you"...Uh??
This leaves me thinking he doesn not feel that way all the time, am I right??
I rather he would not say stuff like that, I don`t know...

Hi blue_tree

You may be reading too much into things - after all, he is complimenting you! And I'm sure he does feel the same about you all the time. When someone's partner says "you look beautiful tonight" we should say thank you - not "what does that mean? I didn't look beautiful last night?"! Just tell him thanks!

I'm not clear as to why you would think he is playing mind games?

If it's very out of character for him and is making you feel a bit weird, then you can playfully ask him why he's saying these things all of a sudden. Make sure you do it in a non-offensive, fun way so as not to sound like you are criticizing him. Maybe he is trying to make things up to you, since he was not such a great boyfriend before?

Hmmm, interesting, thanks for the imput.
I noticed that he does it when I get extra attention from other man, like when we go to the mall, or a restaurant and every guy is gawking at me.
Insecurity?..other than then, he`s kind of aloof with me.
We have got into this power struggle, neither of us show jeaolusy, ever, not that we do anything to provoke any situation, but he does that when guys gawk at me.

(reply to blue_tree)

Sounds like you two don't have a lot of conversations about your relationship, am I right? And that leaves you guessing?

I'm a little concerned that you say that unless you are getting attention from another man, your boyfriend is aloof with you. And that you're in a power struggle to not show jealousy of one another. Those two things don't sound like they're very fun in a relationship.

Are there good things keeping you together that you just didn't write about?