Mitral Regurgitation

Mitral Regurgitation Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: heart regurgitation

MY DAUGHTER OF 25 YEARS HAS JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH HEART REGURITATION ON ONE SIDE OF HER HEART AND A BLOCKED VALVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HEART. IS THERE ANY THING SHE CAN TAKE TO CALM HER SELF DOWN BECAUSE SHE FREAKS OUT AND I CAN FEEL HER HEART AND IT FEELS LIKE IT'S GOING TO COME OUT OF HER CHEST. SHE HAS BEEN TO THE EMERGANCY ROOM SEVERAL TIMES BECAUSE OF HEALTH INSURANCE AND THEY GAVE HER NAPROXIN IS THAT CORRECT AND SHOULD I BUY THE BAYER ASPRIN REGIMENT FOR HER. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I'M AFRAID SHE'S GOING TO DIE AND I ALREADY LOST MY SON TO CANCER PLEASE HELP. THANKS MARY THIS IS AN EVERY NIGHT THING.

Dear Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear about your son. As far as your daughter, Any over the counter medications that you may be considering need to be consulted with her primary physician first. What has she been given for the actual heart condition? Any medication that should be taken regularly? 

Does she also suffer from anxiety disorder? If not, it seems like she just may be overwhelmed by her recent diagnosis and she may need something prescribed but this is best left to her doctor. 

Give her doctor as soon as you can and please keep us posted. 

Rosa