heavy bleeding and large clots 5 weeks

Since 2003 I have had issues with not having a period for 6-8 months then heavy with clothing for 2 weeks. Doc said it was reocuring ovarian cyst. Tryed birth control, had a d&c, now its worse than ever and its been 5 weeks now. I'm being to worry.

I have, we r doing testing then going to talk about where to go from there

That's good. Stay in touch with us and let us know how things progress. 

I have tried the 28 day pill, I am 35 with 4 children. I had a tubal in 2003 after my daughter was born. This issue seems to run in my family as my Grandmother, Aunt, Mother and older sister all had to have a full historectimy done for these same issues before the age of 30.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you Anon for sharing your story! 

I removed your personal information per EmpowHER policy and for your own safety/privacy.  We do not contact our readers in any way other than on this website. 

Bleeding for 5 weeks is certainly not good. Since you have tried the Pill and a D&C and nothing works, have you considered talking with your doctor about other options?

One is called cryoablation but it is only something you should consider if you are done having children or are absolutely sure you don't want children because pregnancy can be difficult or even impossible in some cases afterwards. 

This procedure removes the lining of the uterus and can stop periods all together or for younger women, make periods a lot lighter. 

Have you tried 28 day birth control pills that can eliminate periods altogether? 

How old are you, Anon?

Please provide us with more information so that we can help you further-

I have tried the 28 day pill, as well as an iud . I am 35 with 4 kids. I had a tubal in 2003 after my daughter was born. This issue seems to run in my family as my Grandmother, Aunt, Mother, and older sister all had to have a full historectimy done by the time they were 30-35 for these same issues.

A partial hysterectomy sounds radical but it may help if there is no other treatment option. And a partial won't put you into menopause. Are you thinking of talking with your doctor about this?