Heavy bleeding during perimenopause?

By June 2, 2014 - 9:24am

I just turned 40 a week ago. I have always had irregular periods where I would skip 2-3 months at a time but for the last year it has gotten even more irregular where I would skip 3-5 months and even during the months that I wouldn't get it I would still get the symptoms ( cramping,breast tenderness etc). Then about 5 months ago I would get my period 2-3 times a month but for only one day. I also started getting anxiety attacks, brain fog, shakiness,imbalance and just all around did not feel like myself.

This month, I am having abnormally heavy bleeding. I am wondering if this is part of it as well or if it is something that I need to rush to my doctor about?

Hi gemini,

Welcome to EmpowHER. When a woman enters menopause. One of the first symptom is changes to your cycles. It's always good to be examined by a doctor, through blood work he will be able to know if you are experiencing menopausal changes. Hope this was helpful?

Here are some resources for you

Menopause Guide