heavy bleeding during periods after surgical abortion

3 months back i had my surgical abortion it was 5 to 6 weeks pregnancy.Initially i was medicated and medicine was inserted into my vagina by doctor .After insertion of medicine i started bleeding with pain after some hour usually as that happens during abortion.My bleeding was reduced but still i was badly into pain then even after 3 days then i intimated this to my doctor and finally i had surgical abortion.My first period after abortion was on time i had normal bleeding but my period last for 6 day that is not normal to me as my periods last for 3 to 4 day with normal bleeding.Since after i am getting heavy bleeding during my periods and my periods lasting for 6 to 7 day.with normal n usual cramping problem is only heavy bleeding.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for coming to us for advice regarding the chance in your periods since having a surgical abortion.

Please contact the physician who performed the abortion. The heavy bleeding that is lasting longer than normal for you is serious and cannot be ignored.

Your physician is your best resource, who knows your medical history and can do a physical examination.