Height increase.Need help

By Anonymous March 26, 2011 - 9:38am

I am 26 year old female.I am 5.5" and I want to increase my height atleast by 2 inches. I read a lot of articles,pills,injections,stretching exercises on internet that help you increase height.Atleast they claim.Here are few websites:

and there are few more.Wanted to know if this really works? I want to consult a doctor before taking any of these.Can you please suggest if I need to consult a general physician or a orthopedic doctor.

I am very keen on increasing my height,as it is hitting my self-esteem.I am here to seek a solution.If there is any way that I can increase my height under medical supervision (expect a surgery )I would like to do it.please suggest.

Thanks Susan.
I think you are right.I need to accept the truth that nothing can be done.Its just that everyone in my family are very tall and that's why I was worried.
But after I met the orthopedic surgeon, I don't think its worth it.I would like to share information on what the doc said for people like me who fall prey for such useless scams.
He said that height is purely genetic factor and nothing can be done.He also told me that taking HGH(Human Growth Hormone) suppliments/pills is extremely dangerous at any age.They don't help you in increasing height, instead may lead to abnormal growth of ears,nose and area under the skull leading to permanent nerve damage.The option is Limb lengthening surgery-Its way too complicated and could lead to nerve damage.Some people might also loose the ability to walk forever.He said alteration in height either through surgery or other suppliments at any age is dangerous and can lead to permanent damage/disorders and even death.
So after all this I think high heels is a better option:)

I think a therapist can help you more than a general doctor or a orthopedic doctor. Five feet five inches is actually a little taller than the average American woman so I'm not sure how your self-esteem is affected. Do you live in a country with very tall people or associate with tall people? Is your partner tall? Trying to grow two inches in this sense will not alter your self-esteem. In fact, it may trigger even more physical concerns that you never had before.

There are many people, men and women who are your height (and many a lot smaller, especially other women) who do very well in life. 5'5" is not some kind of handicap or special need, it's just normal height.

What do you think you'll gain, by growing two inches? Do you think you'll be more successful, better loved or happier? You won't - a two inch height change won't do that for you.

I think it's important to get to the root of what's causing you to investigate ways on the internet to grow taller (none of which will work, they are scams so please don't waste your money) because you believe it will change your life and how you feel about it. Therapy can help this and will help you to accept yourself as you are - a normal human being!

Some people have taken growth hormones to increase their height but I believe there is a cut off point that's in the teens. Even then, it's carefully evaluated by a medical doctor, not some snake oil salesman from the internet and the reasons children take them are because they have a growth hormone deficiency or other medical problem that prevents them from growing normally. These are corrective procedures rather than cosmetic ones.

Taking anything from the internet and putting it into your body is likely to do nothing (if you're lucky) or harm you. You don't have to consult a doctor to see if you should or shouldn't take these pills from the Internet - you should not. One of the links you posted was actually a review of what you want to buy and it gave it an F - were you aware of that? These pills are rubbish, that could endanger you and will certainly break your bank account, the cost is ridiculous.

I hope this helps and feel free to talk to a doctor about why you are feeling the way you do. The Internet is full of fake promises (for a lot of $$$) that preys on people like you, who have problems with self image or self esteem. Please don't fall for these scams.