hello my name is stella i had lapband 2011 i have a lot of lose skin every were on my body. i can not aford the cost for removel i live in st louis mo. can some one please let me no if theres any hospitals does it for free. thank you much ones again my na

Hi Stella!

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is a great achievement!

I have looked into what is offered in St. Louis for you and it seems like most is done by plastic surgeons at significant cost. I could not find location that offers this service for free.

My advice is to directly contact hospitals near you. You can call the main line and explain what you are seeking and they can refer you to the correct department. However, the odds are very low. Pro bono work for skin removal is rare.

Do you have a supportive network around you? GoFundMe pages can be quite successful especially for someone with a genuine need, like yours.

I wish you the best, please keep us posted.

Weight Loss