By February 16, 2012 - 10:08am

hi, i have been on and off birth control pills for the past year. I had my last period about a week and a half ago. Three nights ago I had sex and took one bc pill. I have not taken any since then and had unprotected sex again last night. I have nto taken a pill since. What are the chances of pregnancy? I am supposed to be on the second week of pills but have not even finished the first weeks worth.

Hi Ducky

Thanks for your post! Without proper birth control, a woman under 30 has about a 20% chance of pregnancy every time she has sex. As a woman gets older, the percentage begins to decrease.