Help with abnormal bleeding

I've been abnormally bleeding for months now.
From June til July I bleed one month straight then end of that I'd get my period every week for a few days until the beginning of September I started hemroging
Again now I'm bleeding 3 straight weeks with big clots
I did have a few exams a trasvaginal ultra sound
I read that endometriosis and adenomyosus is seen on ultra sound not when doing a hysterscooy? I'm 49
Always suffered heavy bleeding and painful periods but never like this

Hi Susan,

I don't know what to think I got the procedure done.
I had an incident prior, to being sedated which was
Unpredictable, but the procedure went well there was very little pain or bleeding(I was so relieved) I thought
It would of been very painful. Afterwards I asked twice
About what transpired I was ignored. I also asked
If they knew anything and how things looked I was told the doctor would see me in recovery. He didn't.
Nor did he contact me afterwards. (Thought it was bizarre) after a week he called only to inform me that
There was no tissue/sample for the biopsy. He also asked that I go into the office for a endometrial biopsy
Instead of doing it in the O.R. Again . They don't know if the sample ever made it to the lab or if it was dropped in the O.R. I'm not understanding why it would of taken a whole week for the lab to get back
To the doctor to let him know they didn't have a sample. The good news is there was no tumors or polyps present. Everything looked good. When I mentioned at least that's good news he said he can't
Be sure everything's normal. So my question is what do you think and about what happened and
After a DandC is their enough tissue to scrape to see if other conditions are present such as endometrial hyperplasia? also how long until a new lining builds up and another period happens?

I can't tell you if there is enough tissue to scrape for other conditions - these are answers a gynecologist needs to answer.

You next period could be next month or it could take several months - that's an individual process that depends on each woman's body.

Your doctor should have spoken to you or a loved one after your surgery. That is standard procedure. Did nobody talk to you at all before you went home? It also seems your samples were lost between the surgery room and the lab. This is really sloppy behavior by your medical team.

No, the nurse said he'd be by to see me to talk in recovery, but he never did. I left after an hour. He Never called except as I said a week later to say there's no samples. It was either lost or dropped in the O.R. (I was told)Right now I didn't make another apt for
Another biopsy hoping they'd find my tissue samples, also to heal fully from the procedures. The good news is my bleeding stopped and
The uterus looked healthy nothing looked abnormal no tumors or polyps. So if it's just my harmones being out of wack I'm extremely lucky because I had many risk factors for uterine cancer. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you again!

Thank you for the update, I'm delighted everything looks good!

Thanks for being there for me Susan. There was no contact although I asked questions about how it went what he found , they said he'd see me but he never did, there was no contact until a week later telling me about the lost biopsied tissue, when I mentioned I was hoping I would of heard from him he said he emailed me, when I calmly replied I never got an email that I would check he got defensive and insisted he sent one. I might wait for a a period and to heal before another biopsy is repeated. My results were great nothing was found which leads me to believe it's not cancer only harmonal. Any advise?

How were your results great if he lost the sample?

Do you mean the procedure found no tumors? That's excellent news. It's up to you whether you want to move on with healing and see what happens or if you go for another biopsy but be on top of things.

Interesting, with my healthcare, I get the results straight from the lab on line and then a confirmation from my doctor. Pity this isn't the case for you.

Hi Susan,
Just wanted to give you an update, I had my hysterscopy and D &C and I feel much better. I'm
Waiting for the results which I'm expecting to get in a week or so. It wasn't painful and there wasn't much bleeding-just spotting a relief from what I've been through and a life of heavy periods. Now I'm expecting
To maybe have a delayed period with normal bleeding
For a while I don't know how long a D & C lasts. Thanks again for your advice and support.

HI Anon - great to hear from you again!

Good luck with everything, I'm glad you're feeling a lot better. I hope it lasts too! We're here to help anytime.

Thanks for all your advise and support. I will decide
In a week or so if I'm going to go through with the procedure. I didn't stop my hemroging and long heavy bleeding and when it rarely does stop after about a month I then get weekly periods that last for a few days.(about 3or 4)That's why they probably think it's my harmones. I will let you know what the testing/outcome is. Appreciate your feedback!
- anonymous

I look forward to hearing back from you, Anon.

Hypermenorrhea Guide