Help about i-pill.

I had unprotected sex on 29th of July and had I-pill within 12hrs. My boyfriend didn't ejaculate in me still to be on a safer side i took the pill. I read an article saying that the side effects to the pill starts within 7 days of taking the pill. It's been 9 days since I took the pill and I haven't have had any of those side effects. Is that normal? Is it normal not to have any side effects? My period is supposed to come on 21st of Aug and it's 8th Aug today. Is not having the side effects normal? Is the pill doing its job?

Hi voracious_ person

Nobody can say if your emergency contraception is working. We're not monitoring your body or blood.
Bleeding is NOT a sign that EC is working or not working, contrary to popular opinion. Many women do indeed bleed but not all. The only way to know if it worked is if you don't get pregnant but odds are you wouldn't have gotten pregnant anyway. You'll never know.

Try to relax (I know it's not easy) and if you don't get your period when expected, take a test). It should be accurate by about the 21st.

Take care,