Q: 

Help! I have a fish bone stuck IN my gums!

By Anonymous February 25, 2012 - 4:01am

While eating fish, I accidentally got a very small and very thin fish bone lodged into my gum. The problem is, it's almost completely stuck deep into my gums AND it got lodged in an area right behind my front teeth so it's impossible to even see it. I can't tweeze it out, no matter how hard I try, it's thin and it's in too deep and there's nothing I can pull on. It's not painful but I can feel it inside and I'm freaking out. If I go to the dentist, the only way he could get it out is extract my front tooth and rip my gums open (and I've had that done to me before because a tooth had to be ripped out and it took forever and it hurt like hell and it quashed my blood vessels and it didn't even work). What if it gets infected? What if the bone goes deeper or worse, if it stays there forever? What the hell do I do?! I'm just panicking right now. Please, please, please help me.

Anonymous

I need help! I was eating this idk what this fish is called but after I used my floss,I noticed that there was a black line in my gums. It is not the common black kinda line in people's gums since my gums are fine and their all red. It is scaring me because I checked my gums and it is the only one that has a legit black line and it is the first time I saw it. I tried to use floss eventhough I know it wouldn't work since it's really INSIDE the gums and it is also very obvious as it is located at the top of the teeth infront. I am panicking and I don't know what to do. Gums and others wouldn't work.I wish I could show the picture. Someone help me please

Hello Anon

Make an appointment with a dentist - he/she can take care of this for you.

Anonymous

Hi Sir this Amzad . i have a problem with fish bone which have pricked in my upper lip . while eating it (fish) . and i am feeling pain from last three days in my upper lip , and i also found mouth ulcer particularly on that area .where the fish bone was pricked on lip . my doubt is that does is it caused due to pricking of that fish bone ( i mean does it infected particular area ) ? ,or is it cause due to taking excessive heat producing food ?

Anonymous

I have the same issue. Went to my dentist and the fish bone could not be found, but I am certain that it is lodged between my teeth and gums. This situation just seems hopeless!

Anonymous

Try chewing gum, it works for me

Chewing gum idea is really good. thanks for your advice. After struggling 1hr finally Googled, and got this idea. Thanks so much.

Anonymous

i got a bone in my gum too so i need to get it out abd im reaslly scared !!!!!

Anonymous

Thank you for your question. It appears that your issue is much like a splint that gets embedded deeply and must be removed from a doctor. You should have it removed by your Dentist. You do not want to leave it in there in case of infection.

Good luck,
Missie

Thanks for the advice. I went to the doctor this morning but she wouldn't even refer me to a dentist--she says there's no bone in there. But I'm sure there is, I can still feel the tip of the fish bone on my tongue and I can feel it move when I let air pass between my teeth. But it's so thin and so small and it's stuck in such a hidden nook that it's impossible to see it. But if I argue, the doctor would say I'm just imagining things. I wish she were right, I really do. But I know what an abrasion feels like. I've had that several times from thicker, sharper bones and I still believe this isn't just an abrasion.

What did you do or what happened with your gums? Same issue here with me HELP

Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)

Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) Guide