Help! Period 4 weeks late!

By Anonymous February 26, 2015 - 7:38am

Help! Me and my boyfriend had protected sex using condoms that were up to date and also checked before putting on, he didnt ejaculate or anything while he was inside. We also tested the condoms after use for leaks by running water inside it, there was none. I also took the morning after pill the next morning. A week later I had 1 day of light spotting. My period is now 1 month overdue and i have been gaining weight! No other symptoms. Help!

Welcome to EmpowHER. Why did you take the morning after pill, since you had protected intercourse? Your boyfriend used a condom, which you checked and was fine, and he did not ejaculate.

Because you did take the pill, that is why you had spotting one week later and could be the reason your period is late this month. However, being late one month is more than what is expected as a side effect of an emergency contraceptive.

Please consult your gynecologist or primary care physician. I am concerned that there may be a hormonal imbalance as a result of the pill. Your doctor can better advise you.