Help Please !

By June 29, 2009 - 5:32pm

ive had unprotected sex a few times, but my boyfriend always pulls out. however one night i forget to take my birth control pill, but remembered the next morning when i woke up, which was 8 hours later. a week or 2 later, i bled a week before i was suppose to get my period. then a week later, i got my period on time. am i okay? should i worry about ANYTHING ? please help ! thank you !

Hi Question 101!

I'm not sure what you mean about having unprotected sex and taking your Pill. Do you mean you are on the Pill and also use condoms, but this time he didn't use condoms and are nervous you are pregnant?

If you remember to take your Pill 8 hours after you usually take it, the odds of getting pregnant are very low.

I am not sure why some unexplained bleeding happened a week before your period but if you got your period on time, then you are unlikely to be pregnant.

If you have unexplained bleeding again, you may want to see a doctor about it.

In the meantime, if you're still worried about it, take a pregnancy test to ease your mind. Bear in mind that while there is always a chance of pregnancy when you have sex (no matter what kind of birth control you use) if you are using the Pill correctly, you are unlikely to get pregnant.

I hope this helps!