Hemifacial Spasm

I just read that Botox is still the best treatment for hemifacial spasm, but I can't afford it because I'm presently jobless. I'm 51 and really finding it difficult -can't live a normal, not a single moment, of my life. Even in my sleep I will suddenly wake up with a jerk. Are there foundations or any organizations that can help me source free samples of botox medicines? I am a Filipina and botox treatment is so expensive here in the Philippines. I wish you could help me. Thank you.

Thanks for your post and welcome! 

Botox is expensive the world over but may be even more expensive in certain parts. I'm sorry you're dealing with financial difficulties as well as medical ones. 

I are not aware of how the medical system works in the Philippines. I do know it's mostly private health care with a small government budget per person. This means you may not be able to get it for free on a national health care system. 

You need to talk to your doctor about two things. One, ask where you can get Botox treatment for free or for little money. Many pharmaceutical companies in the US offer highly discounted prices to those in need. It may be the same in the Philippines. You doctor should know this. 

Also, ask your doctor or hospital about clinical trials in the Philippines on this condition. If you can get accepted into a trial, there are certain risks but your treatment will be at no cost to you. 

I looked up the health registry for clinical trials in the Phillipines and got a link to all the trials going in. Please go through the list and see what you can find. You can link to it here:

Anon, it's very important to ask your doctor (or their staff) about payment options and discounts for treatment. They are available, you just have to ask to see how you can apply. 

Will you keep us posted?

Hemifacial Spasm

Hemifacial Spasm Guide