Hemorrhoids

ask: Hemorrhoids after constipation

By nora

Hi,
I'm 22 and one month ago I was constipated for 5 days...normally I have two bowel movements/day. Being constipated for so long (compared to having 2 bowl movements per day) made me feel awful and I spent most of the time in the bathroom (up to 40 minutes). So, I visited the doctor and he gave me laxatives and waters that cause bowl movements, and I was finally released. But, after that I noticed, what the doctor told me after the next visit, hemorrhoids. I've used Faktu suppositories and Faktu ointment to cure these but I could hardly see any results. I don't have bleeding or pain, I can just feel them when I wash up and they cause difficulties during bowel movements. Although I've been eating only foods that create soft stools, like many fruits, drink at least two liters of water/day, foods that contain fiber etc. , I still have hemorrhoids but smaller in size. To not forget mentioning that even though sometimes I have an urge to visit the restroom, I still have to push hard to have a bowl movement, which I think has caused now my rectum to be out almost for 1 cm!! It goes inside everytime I have a bowl movement, but again goes out when I eat something. Now, even though I have normal bowel movements per day, everytime I feel like I have more and I push. I'm very tired of the diet (only foods that contain fiber, no coffee, no sweets, no ice cream, etc) because I'm not having a normal life as all my friends do, but at the same time I'm worried and I want to get rid of this problem. So, I want to first know is this rectum 1cm out very serious, and are there any other cures (except what I've tried and surgeries) that could help me pass this problem that's making my life miserable?!

I would be very grateful for any answer or advice given to me.

Thank you,
Arbnora

Anonymous

Hi i have hemorrhoids too. And everytime I poop, after 20 min. My butt becomes wet I dont know maybe due to skin cut cause of pushing hard. Do u have any idea how to stop this wetness?

Anonymous

Very informative and useful article! I appreciate the the effort you have put into your writing. Its clear that you know what you are writing about. In the article Constipation and Hemorrhoids says that the main cause of hemorrhoids is constipation, then you need to keep track of your stool to avoid constipation and everything will be OK. Wish health!

Hi nora

It sounds like what you are feeling is a hemorrhoid outside your rectum, that can be pushed in but often "falls out" on it's own. It's a rather weird feeling although you are lucky you're not in pain as they can be excruciating for some.

Stick with a very high fiber diet and here are some other non-surgical ways to help:

Sitz baths—sitting in plain, warm water two to three times a day for about 10 minutes each time
Ice packs—putting cold packs on the anus for short durations to relieve pain and swelling
Medication—applying hemorrhoidal creams or suppositories to the affected area
High-fiber diet—Eating more whole fresh fruit, raw, or cooked vegetables, and whole grains has been consistently shown to reduce symptoms of hemorrhoids, including bleeding. Also, if you enjoy spicy foods, you can continue eating them. Studies have shown that they do not worsen hemorrhoidal symptoms.
Fluids—drinking six to eight, 8-ounce glasses of nonalcoholic fluids daily to soften stools

Nonsurgical Procedures

If these treatments provide insufficient relief, one of several nonsurgical procedures may be used to shrink or destroy the hemorrhoidal tissue. These procedures, which are generally performed in a doctor’s office, include:

Rubber band ligation —a rubber band placed around the base of the hemorrhoid to cut off circulation and force the hemorrhoid to wither away within a few days
Sclerotherapy—a chemical solution is injected near the blood vessel to cause scarring and shrinkage of the hemorrhoid
Coagulation therapy—the use of electricity (direct current electrotherapy), laser, or infrared light (photocoagulation) to shrink the hemorrhoidal tissue

nora, you can read a lot more on this here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/hemorrhoids

I hope this helps, let me know what you think!

~Susan

Hi there,
I read Susan's answer , its really good and having fissure i feel soothing to my mind... my name is divyam , from india.. i have fissure since july2013.. while forcing stooli forced and i felt a split inside, doctor said that i have 12oclock Ano fissure, deep cut inside.. they gave me pills and anowat creams and all but it took three months but no relief.. i used to take one Ayurvedic powder to get soft stool.. and after asking so much doctor told me to get Faktu cream.. its really working.. i have some little skin tags hanging outside.. i want to know do i have to push them in..i dont think its possible.. well, my diet i have changed and eating at right time, lots of fluids, i dont want to go for surgery at all.. as its not 100% sure .. these hemmorhoids and fissure will come again.. i am right now taking indian ayurvedic pills Arshkalp wati, two pills empty stomach before food twice a day and syrup called Abhiyarishtha, 4 spoon in little water after lunch and dinner with some aded water.. this is really helping me a lot.. i stopped banana milkshakes im eating fruits and milk separately.. earlier on website i read someone wrote to put olive oil or castor oil in rectum area using needle less injection.. that works so dam good.. at night put 2ml oil olive, castor or ghee (clarified butter) morning you will be out of pain.. im doing sitz bath twice a day , sometime before bed.. and while sitting push your anus in and out.. and when you wake up in the morning have two glass of warm water first.. no white flour, lots of veggies and fruits and in fiber im taking Isabgol at night with one glass of water , sometime with milk,, when u have extreme fissure or hemmorhoid pain , try not to sit on chair more then 5 minutes.. do exercise.. whenever you eat spicy stuff, outside food, or white flour thing which sticks inside your bowl.. that night please take laxative powder before bed so next day all that food goes out.. before this Faktu cream i was applying Ghee and Castor oil.. was working.. i just dont want them to come again.. as i am a foody .. ;) im gonna logging in fast here,, im new.. And if you have any more ideas please lket me know,..... stay healthy.....

Love, Divyam...

nora (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you very much Susan...I'll continue with the high fiber diet and sitz baths with the hope that they will go away without any intervention, since I don't have any pain or bleeding. Hopefully I won't need any nonsurgical procedures also.

Thanks again,
nora

Anonymous (reply to nora)

hi ,i also have hemmorhoids.my doctor said its in grade 1 to 2.then he gave me faktu ointment ,2 other capsules and c_lium fibre powder.i have to take it for 1 week and i have to see the results.but everytime i have to make poop its hurts me so bad.my hemmorhoids comes out and its so painful and sometimes its bleeding.i have to hold my breath or i have to shout out loud just to take the pain.a little bit bigger,two times my thumb.until now im suffering with my hemmorhoids.i hope the medecine i take gonna work.or i have to undergo surgery :(