Q: 

Hi doctor, i am Priya. (25years ), 20th of nov was my period date, i had unprotected sex with my bf on 17th of nov, he told that he have not ejected anything in me.. i usually have regular periods but now i missed my period on 20th.. i am worried.. am I

Hi doctor,
i am Priya. (25years ), 20th of nov was my period date, i had unprotected sex with my bf on 17th of nov, he told that he have not ejected anything in me.. i usually have regular periods but now i missed my period on 20th.. i am worried.. am I pregnant ? please reply..

HERWriter Blogger

Hi Priya,

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community! I need to warn you that I am not a doctor. We are site moderators and do our best to research an answer to your question, but we are not trained doctors. If you want to speak with a medical professional, I recommend scheduling an actual appointment with your doctor.

Anytime you have unprotected sex, your chances of pregnancy are higher. Your boyfriend said he did not ejaculate, but there is a chance that sperm can be carried in pre-ejaculation. However, there is the possibility that your period may just be late as it is only 1-2 days past. Many things can cause later or irregular periods like stress, birth control, travel, medication, excessive weight loss or gain, increased exercise.

The only real way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. If you plan to continue having sex and don’t want to get pregnant, I recommend getting on some sort of birth control or using protection like a condom. That will reduce pregnancy risk and help ease fears of pregnancy.

I hope this helped and keep me updated!

Erin 

Tags: