Hi, I am 17 and very scared I could have gotten pregnant. I missed my last 2 bc pills in week 2 and first 2 in week 3 and had unprotected sex on those days. I looked at a calandar and those were the day I was due to ovulate. Could I have gotten pregnant??

By October 31, 2011 - 9:20am

Please helpp.

No, I missed 4 throughout the week not in a row. I should have my period in about two weeks. Im going to be patient and take care of my bodyy. Thank you so much.

Hi Julie Marie

Yes, it's possible to get pregnant when so many pills are missed. Did you make them up according to the instructions? If not, you may have ovulated.

However, there's no need to panic - just keep taking the pill and if you don't get your breakthrough bleeding, you can test for pregnancy.

Thanks for writing and good luck!

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am making them up as I should. But when should breakthrough bleeding occur?

HERWriter Guide (reply to JulieMarie)

Hi JulieMarie

I need some clarity - did you miss 3 pills in a row and make them up everyday or take 3 pills all at once and then the one for that day,which would mean a total of 4 in one day?

You need to check the literature in your pill pack for instuctions. Some instructions are different to others (certainly pertaining to Sunday start) . In general, missing three in a row and not making them up means you should have thrown out your old pack and started a fresh one. But I do believe you raised your risk of pregnancy. I can't tell you when breakthrough bleeding will start but take a pregnancy test in a couple of eeks to rule pregnancy out. Keep taking your pills in the meantime and don't miss them like this, as you risk pregnancy when you do!