hi I am irfana.I have swelling of uterus i guess. can i be pregnant.

By Anonymous March 27, 2010 - 1:25am

i am 20 yrs and am married. i had my last periods on 22nd of march just for 2 days, with little bleeding, no pain. i just had nabothian cyst in my cervix of 3mm, the doc said its no problem.i took no treatment.i have swelling of uterus.i have no pain. i dont understand wat is it can i be pregnant.am lookin forward to get preggy. am eagerly waiting for an answer from your society, doctors.

The writers and guides who help members and readers are not doctors, some are nurses, others have post graduate degrees in the health field and others are professional writers with experience working in and researching health care. We do have experts, however, who are qualified medical doctors who are available for persons with serious/technical medical issues. However, I think we can help you out here!

If you had your period this week, you could possibly be pregnant, but only by a matter of 24/48 hours and you would not feel anything - no swelling, no signs or symptoms.

You may have a swell abdomen due to something you ate, or may have gas.

You may have another cyst that you don't know of that is growing enough to cause swelling. Has your uterus been checked for cysts, or just your cervix? I think it's a good idea to ask for a full check up for cysts.

How long do you normally get your period? Is it usually 5 days or is 2 days common for you? If you had little bleeding - is that normal for you? It may not be period bleeding, it may be bleeding due to a cyst or it may have been 'spotting' that occurs in pregnancy. Can you tell us how much you bled? Did you need to use a lot of protection, or just a little?

Please also take a look at our cyst page here and let me know what you think: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/uterine-fibroids#symptoms

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Hi susan,
thak u so much for ur reply, usually it is 5 days for me no y normal periods, it started bleeding on 22nd night 9 pm an d bleeding was gud till 23rd afternoon, afterthat it was just spottin for 2 days, only when i get stressed i got bleeding. Well besides i took a pregnancy test which showed negaive, then i took hormona tests.in which i found that my TSH is 67.53 units where it has to be from (0.4 - 4.2)units, i dont have any swelling in my neck. And also yes the swelling has reduced.i would like to know from you whether is it ok if i have hyper thyroid, i mean if i take tablets can i get pregnant.
Anxious to hear back from u.

(reply to Anonymous)

The key to being pregnant while taking thyroid medicine is for your doctor to monitor you closely, starting early in your pregnancy. Here is a doctor discussing thyroid and pregnancy:

Are you already on thyroid medication?

Anonymous (reply to Diane Porter)

hi diane
i am under medication am taking thyrox 100 early morn,thank u for ur advice.I will insist the doc to monitor me closely.i took a look at it.i was supportive.