Hi.. I am on my last day of my periods and I had unprotected sex about 24 hours ago. I have just taken postinor2. Am really scared. Could I be pregnant? My boyfriend came inside me and we did not use protection.

Is sex during periods safe? Will postinor2 work on me? How will I know that in a few days it has worked? Am scared please help me.

Thank you very much.

You need to calm down.

Emergency contraception works 90-95% of the time when taken within 24 hours. Pregnancy during a period is very uncommon as the body generally ovulates much later in the month. You don't really know if the meds "worked" because you won't know if you were to get pregnant in the first place.
Just relax and you'll be fine. You need to look up the side effects of this medication so that you know what you may experience.

Can I be sure that am not pregnant. It's my first time you know.

Unfortunately you cannot know for sure right now. You had unprotected sex and you know that the consequences of this can be pregnancy; that's how this sex thing works!

If you don't understand this you should not be having sex. It's madness to have unprotected sex, it's just not worth the worry.

You'll have to wait like everyone has to wait - accept that your risk is VERY low. I think you'll be ok.

Hi... I just got my pregnancy test results. They are negative, am so happy. Thanks for everything and I will be more careful indeed.