Hi i have got my periods today. I am planning to get pregnant. I want to know which days are best to have sex to concieve

By November 27, 2014 - 3:53am

I have a daughter and she is 8 yes old and now we are planning to have another kid. I have thyroid which is in normal range. Kindly help me with tips to be taken to get pregnancy this month itself. I'll be grateful to you. Thanking you

Hi Reshma

The best time to get pregnant is days 10-20 of your cycle. Day 1 is the first day of your period.  Having sex on your period is not likely to result in pregnancy. 

A woman ovulates (is fertile) for 24 hours a month - just one day. It happens mid-month - the average day is day 14 but can happen between between days 10 and 20. Have sex every other day between these dates. 

A healthy couple under age 35 should get pregnant within a year, with the average being 5 or 6 months. You need to be patient.