Hi, I have a simple short question. I accidentally used metrodinazole gel for a yeast infection. I noticed it wasn't working and immediately knew it wasn't right and have since started using an antifungal, my question is will this hurt me in anyway?

By December 9, 2014 - 3:39pm

Could falsly using bv medicine give me BV? It was completely on accident I wasn't paying attention and the names of the antifungal for yeast and the antibiotic for bv are a little similar. As soon as i noticed i started using miconazole

Thank you very much for responding Susan!
Your information was very helpful! I used the metrodinazole for 3 days and not very much with each insert. Everything is starting to feel a lot better with miconazole and symptoms were unchanging while i was using metrodinazole actually maybe they were getting worse. Anyways, thanks for your helpful comment!

HERWriter Guide (reply to tbaby542)

Hi tbaby542

I'm glad I could help and that you are feeling better. You'll be right as rain in no time. 

And don't forget to read your labels, what if it was Preparation H?! :)

Yes, this medication is used for BV, Trich and other genital infections, as well as skin conditions like rosacea. 

These infections are bacterial or parasitic in nature - the medication will not cause you to get these bacteria or parasites if you don't have them to begin with. 

You should be fine - however, it might be a good idea to check with your pharmacist that neither gel will interact with each other when used so closely together. Better safe than sorry.

Yeast Infection

Yeast Infection Guide