Hi, I would ask You, how tools, instrumentations and mulimedia You use in aphasia. Sorry for my english. From Czech Republic Michala Trávníčková

By Anonymous April 13, 2010 - 10:50am

Hi Micala!

Thank you for your question and welcome! If I am understanding your correctly, are you asking about the methods and tools used to treat aphasia?

Aphasia is a condition that limits a person's verbal skills and understanding of language. It can also affect reading and writing comprehension.

Symptoms include:

Problems talking
Speaking in short, fragmented phrases
Putting words in the wrong order
Using incorrect grammar
Switching sounds or words
Speaking in nonsense
Anomia (word-finding problems; words "on the tip of the tongue")
Problems understanding oral language
Needing extra time to process language
Difficulty following very fast speech
Taking the literal meaning of a figure of speech
Problems reading
Problems writing

Treatments include:

Speech-Language Therapy
The speech-language pathologist will help you use your remaining communication abilities, restore lost abilities, learn to compensate for language problems, and learn other methods of communicating. This therapy will likely take place in both individual and group settings.

Family Counseling
The speech-language therapist will counsel your family in learning how to best communicate with you.

Psychological evaluation may also be helpful.

Michala, you can read lots more information on our Aphasia page here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/aphasia#definition

You can also contact the National Aphasia Society here www.aphasia.org

Are you (or someone you know) experiencing this condition yourself, Michala? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms listed above?

Hello, thank you for your reply, but i thought accessories, tools, software atc. for working with aphatics (communications boards, ...). I matching tools, multimedia in Czech Republic with other countries. So, You can write me, please, some tools, software? Yours sincerely Michala Trávníčková

Are you doing research, Michala, or are you working with someone you actually know, who has aphasia?

I´m doing a research for my thesis in Universita Palackého in Olomouc. And I could not find these tools, ..., so I wrote You and other asociations...

I see - thanks for your reply!

EmpowHer can not help with research, term papers or any other kind of studies or University requirements. These are for the students themselves to research. We help thousands of members and readers with their ongoing health issues and education.

If you do use any of the information given already, please reference the sources we have given for due credit.

Checking out the Aphasia Society website will help a lot, I think.

Thanks and we wish you the best in your research.

I understand, so Thank you for Your time.
Michala Trávníčková

Aphasia Guide