hi i'm 28 years old.. i am pregnant i had a very early period

i had an early period 15 days after my last, usually its 24 days on average. the bleeding was unusualy bright red, moderate, some tissue. on the forth day it was brown and finished! its been just over a week and i've been feeling so weird, nusea..blaoting lower back ache. mild cramping yawning but not sleeping well and sore breasts that tingle and feel like they are growing but not swelling i have white discharge that does not smell.. i've taken a urine test and it was negative..am still confused as to how i feel..could i be pregant?

its been 27 days since my last period and tonight i have had my period start, first it was a brownish discharge and now after some hours its light but starting to look fresh. i believed i might have concieved because my last menses was 5 days early and very weird too. this time its late as i have a 21 -24 cycle. i am not cramping as usually do but i've back pain and shooting pains from my belly button. i have been stressed worrying over the fact that i might be poregnant... really hoping that i may pregnant.. to a point where i started also believing that it was phantom because i had a menses although early and still continued to believe somehow i was preggs. i hope this is not confusing but please let me no what are the chances that i could still be pregnant. thanks.. i will up date you in the next few days as to how my menses went.

Dear Anon

It does not sound like you are pregnant, although it's always a possibility. A woman's period is often very red in the beginning and tapers off into lighter, and often browner discharge at the end (new blood versus old blood).

Your symptoms may be those of ovulation again as it happens between days 10 and 20 of a woman's cycle (on average) - so you may be a little early. PMS often feels like the early stages of pregnancy!

The best thing you can do is wait another week or two and test again (since it may be a bit early to know if you are pregnant) or you may be having irregular periods for any number of reasons - stress, fatigue, diet - your cycle may just be irregular.

Are you very careful about birth control? Will you update us when you get your period?

well i have not been sexually active since the birth of my first child who is now 32 months.. i've just started recently, at first we used condoms, but then at times could not reach them in time. i will update you when i get my period. my sypmtoms started after my period. its almost two weeks with these sore breasts lower back pain.. gone off food..etc..i keep feeling like i've started my period but when i check its just discharge. i saw a doctor who said it could be due to stress. i've been stressed more than this before but i've never had irregular periods such as the one i described before. thank you for getting back to me.