ask: Hi I'm 45 and missed my period could it be menopause or pregnancy

I recently took the pill for two months without stopping for a period as I was oversees. Once I stopped I had a period but now it has been 6 weeks since my last period and I was wondering could this be the start of memopause. I'm 45 and always have had regular periods. I have a partner and we didn't practice safe sex after my last period but have taken several preganancy tests which have all been negative.

If you have taken pregnancy tests and they are negative it can mean that you are beginning to show symptoms of perimenopause. Since you mentioned going overseas sometimes vacations have an effect on our periods as well. The change in diet, exercise, and general lifestyle from our vacation can sometimes make our periods take a little vacation of their own. Try not to stress out, wait until your period arrives and if it regulates itself again with no other symptoms of menopause then this was likely caused by the overseas trip. 

Rosa

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Your probably right I should worry it was just too much of a coincident. Just feel like I'm going to get my period so let's hope things go back to normal

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: