Hi Ladies, kind of an embarrassing flatulance/burping problem. 21 year old female...opinions? Read more below

By June 30, 2014 - 7:22pm

So I'm 21 and about 8 months ago I developed a sensitive stomach. (perhaps related to stress, and I took antibiotics for 3 years for acne which may contribute to the problem I think).

I wake up with gas in the morning and burp a lot at night. How can I make this go away? I eat healthy, Usually I have painful gas pains in the morning that go away with passing gas in about 30 minutes. I bought a probiotic and now I pass gas but it's not painful. What can I do to get my stomach back normal? I've been doing a lot of research and IBS usually shows up. Any natural remedies? I prefer not to be drugging myself since everything has side effects. I'm very open to opinions! Thanks!!!

Hi dreamergirl

Digestive issues are very common. You may actually have allergies that you should have checked out; a test can show you if you need to avoid certain foods. Allergies can begin at any time, you don't have to be born with them. They can also occur after an illness or virus. Were you sick 8-12 months ago, can you remember?

Unfortunately, you can get bad gas from really healthy foods! 

Broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus are vegetables that can cause gas and so can apples, and peaches. If you are eating this kinds of foods, try other options. Beans in any variety can be very healthy but cause gas. 

Keep taking your probiotic and try an IBS diet or diet that is gentle on the stomach. The FODMAP diet can really help - you can read all about it here: 

Give it at least a month to see improvement. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Guide