Hi, my names nikki im 17 i think i could be pregnant? help / and advise i know best thing is to get a test dont but the whole thing freaks me out , this will be my 3rd close call but this time i think im seeing signs

i have my period between the 26-28th of every month lasting 4 days -5
my partner knows my worries, but we are both no were near ready for this, we both have different views of what wuld happen. but its been 8 days since my missed period , ive started getting symtoms . i think . ive felt like i need to pee all the time. even after a good night sleep feeling tired all day.? my breast have been feeling unconfortable and and my nipples really senative, please advise me i know that you can miss a period dueto stress , i have been under a lot latly leaving home and alot changing , but if it was that , why i am getting signs that you get when pregnant ? I am very confused and worried that if i am what i would do my partner thinks that abortions would be the way to go, but i couldnt go throught with that i told him i would have to keep it but it scares me.

i have thought i was pregnant twice befor both times negative im not trying to get pregnant, the whole thought about being scares me but when i get and do the test both times it came up ive felt like part of me died no releife just sadness,

please if anyone can help and advise please comment i would really appreciate it .

i know many of you will prob tell me to go do a test in a weeks time or etc ....

i will im going to go. probably on my own next week

i am im going to ask about getting the implant, i have been on the pill befor but i find it difficult to remember evry day. thank you again x nikki

thank you for your comment i am getting a test done this wednesday at my doctors. i dont seee the the problem with having those sort of conversations with a partner at any age, if you both get in a situation like this then it needs talking about it. yeah i do think sometimes that i missing something maybe that is why i felt the way i did after the 2 other times. i have had a lot of promblems i moved out nearly 4 months ago i still have conntact with my family im not finding it easy but im getting there ive felt i lot happier since i left i am starting college this week coming me and my partner are.

HERWriter Guide (reply to N6kk6)

Hi again

You're right - if these situations occur - they need to be discussed. But please put yourself in a situation where they do not have to be discussed, especially at such a young age.

When you go to your doctor's appointment on Wednesday, ask about birth control so you are not having all these pregnancy scares.
Good luck in college, I'm proud of you!

Hi Nikki

Thanks for your post and welcome! I'm sure you have read many other posts from young women here, wondering if they are pregnant - hence being told to take a test! That's why pregnancy tests exist - to end the wondering.

If you have been having unprotected sex and are over a week late for your period, then obviously you need to take a test straight away. Will you update us on the result?

As to why you may be disappointed upon taking two tests at other times and finding they are negative?

It seems as though you're at a bit of a loss in your life and perhaps think a baby will make life seem more worthwhile. Maybe you watch shows like Teen Mom. These shows pretend to show the stress of teen pregnancy but they don't. They give these young girls undeserved fame, skim over the part that most teen moms will not graduate high school, not to mention college and don't focus on the fact that the teen mom and teen dad nearly always split up. Now most of these teen moms are all made up, dressed in cool clothes and make the cover of US Weekly and other tabloid mags. It's so wrong, I can't even describe how it makes me feel.

Nikki, a baby will make nothing in your life better. You won't end up having a reality show and you won't be on the cover of a magazine. You'll be yet another anonymous statistic. No-one has a baby at age 17 and ends up thinking "this is the best thing ever!" . At least I would hope not. You have a whole life ahead of you. Get educated. Travel - go work in Europe for a year or two, see the world before you find yourself knee deep in diapers and debt, all the while seeing your friends succeed in life, before having kids.

If you do get pregnant, your life as you know it will be over. There is absolutely no good reason for any teenager to have a baby. Therefore you need to get yourself on birth control. I think you are semi trying to get pregnant, even though you say it's not what you want. I think you may secretly want it sometimes. Be honest - what you do think?

You are only 17 and already you and your partner are having discussions about aborting babies. I'm not making a social statement here but don't you think that's crazy? Why are you not going to the movies with him and discussing what college courses you'd like to take or what careers interest you, or whether you want to go to London or Paris first? Does it not seem a bit nuts to you that you're talking about pregnancy scares, having babies and abortions at the age of 17? Why do you want to invite this kind of chaos into your life?

Nikki, I think you have a big evaluation of your life to do. Stop having unprotected sex (seriously, stop) and think about getting out of relationships for now. Focus on your own life - the life of a 17 year old. Think prom, makeup tips, friends, fun, education and travel! And even though you are only 17, you are old enough to know that what's going on in your life isn't a good thing.

Have you had it rough at home, Nikki? And maybe want a home of your own? Are you trying to grow up fast so that you can make up for what has happened before? I understand feeling like this - but you can make a wonderful life for yourself, without all the stress you are under. Every 17 year old deserves that - and that definitely includes you!

Let me know how you feel about things and you have to take a pregnancy test immediately. You have so much life ahead of you - make the choice to live it well.

I hope to hear back from you soon!

My best,

Thanks for your post and welcome! We promise an answer to all our readers within 24 hours, as we go through the list that is already ahead of you. We are happy to have the chance to help you, and your patience is appreciated!

please help me out ??

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines