Have you had an injury from opening a holiday gift that sent you to the emergency room? Apparently, over 6,000 people have sustained punctures and lacerations from opening packaging that is now (not-so-warmly) referred to as "clam shell packaging".
Consumer Reports even has a new Hall of Shame award, called the "Oyster Award" for hard-to-open packaging.
Many companies are now making easier-to-open gifts, that are also more environmentally friendly. Would you actively choose to purchase an item that was made with environmentally-conscience packaging versus an item that was not (what if it cost more, would you still)?
Do you have any tips to share on preventing holiday gift-opening injuries (for both adults and children)? Does anyone go as far as un-packaging a gift their child receives, then re-wrapping it, so their child can open a gift frustration-free?
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.