Hooked up with ex..now what do I do?

My ex and I decoupled on go terms nearly a year ago, but left a big hole in my heart. We see each other on a regular weekly basis, we both go to the same trivia. A few weeks ago, he asked if I wanted to come to his new place, cuz I wanted to talk to someone about the new Avengers movie. I said "sure why not ." , you can figure out what happened next. A week later , there was a death in my family and I didn't go to trivia for 2 weeks(felt like an eternity) until last night. We're on the same trivia team so us talking eventually happened ,but just about trivial thisngs (pun NOT intended )..afterwards I found myself on autopilot, driving towards his place. when I realized what I was doing ,I panicked and pulled a u turn ....I still care about him...what should I do..very tempted to text him about all this .. HELP !!

If you think your ex is interested in a relationship again then why not approach him? You know him well and you will probably find the right time to do it.

But if he is not pursuing you seriously - just wanting a hook up, make sure you're ok with that before (and if) the possibility arises again. You both sound pretty mature so it's fine to take things further as long as you both know where you stand.