I don't feel motivated any more. I don't work out, don't take viatimns, hardly do housework anymore and don't care if I gain weight. Does this mean my hormones are out of wack? I don't feel depressed just not motivated. How would I know if that is the issue?

Thanks for your post and welcome!

You may have some kind of hormonal condition - you would need to go to your doctor and schedule a blood test.

But your symptoms do sounds more emotional/mental, than physical, since you have not described any physical symptoms.

People with depression don't always think they are depressed. I'm not saying you have depression - it's just something to think about. For more information on depression, click here and let us know if you see anything that rings a bell: http://www.empowher.com/condition/depression

You may also be in a kind of life-funk. Perhaps you need something new in your life - a hobby, volunteering, meeting new people? Think about doing something that WILL motivate you like a class where you are expected every week - find a friend to do something with every week or start taking an academic class or creative class to get your brain moving.

If you can exercise just once, you may find you can exercise more. Putting in a greater effort might pay off.

Here's a link to see if depression may be affecting you: http://www.empowher.com/mental-health/content/evaluating-usefulness-tests-and-quizzes-depression

A visit to your doctor may be warranted as it seems you do want to become motivated again. Perhaps a weekend motivational retreat could also help!
Please stay in touch with us!

Depression Guide