Horrible abdomen cramps

My period started around the same day it usually does, but it was very light only requiring a small tampon every 12 hours. Was light pink mixed with some red blood and some brownish blood. Only lasted 3 days and had regular back and abdomen cramps...

A day before it started I had sex and got horrible lower abdomen cramps with a cold sweat that had me keeled over for 30 minutes then went away. I am 27 yrs. old and haven't had less then a 6 day moderate flow period since I was 19-20 yrs. old. Before I take time off work for a dr. Appointment just wanted some female perspective. Is this normal signs of implantation bleeding or etopical pregnancy or just an irregular period? Thanks for any and all opinions!

Thanks Susan! I appreciate your advise and quick response. One more request offyou... Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's not an ectopic pregnancy or any kind for that matter :) thanks again! Hopefully just a light period!

It does sound like you have your period, even if it's a light one.

But to be doubled over in pain for 30 minutes and cold sweating after sex is not normal - you should talk to your doctor about this.

Also, implantation bleeding is generally just spotting, that would not need a tampon.

An ectopic pregnancy is a very serious thing - it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test, even if the dates aren't adding up to warrant a pregnancy worry  You should take a test just to be on the safe side.