ask: How can depression and anxiety attacks lead a 20 year old having a heart condition?

David Gomes

Always be patient and loving to yourself an do not beat yourself up. You are very young. Therapy is the best because someone can see your problems from the outside.
May God heal you and give you strength to endure your trials. May he grant you peace, serenity, the deepest faith.

Anonymous (reply to David Gomes)

Thank You David for your advice and prayers, May God bless you with peace, serenity and deepest faith too!

Thanks a lot Miss Gromisch RN, it was a true help from your side I appreciate that. I will get back to you if I would need more help. God bless you and all those who are helping. :)

Hello again,

Thank you for providing more information. It is quite possible that anxiety attacks can be the reason for your symptoms. However, you could have an underlying cardiac condition or gastrointestinal disorder that is the cause of your symptoms. It is not that unusual for a 20 year old to have a cardiac or GI condition.

I suggest you start with a physical examination with your internist. That is a good start. Your physician can order tests or recommend you see psychologist to manage the anxiety attacks, a cardiologist to rule out a heart problem, and a gastroenterologist to diagnose a GI condition.

Could you be more specific? If you can reword your question, I would gladly answer it, if I can.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi, I am glad you replied, I actually wanted to figure out my chest pain reason, I have been experiencing pain around my heart, middle chest, and liver, and at times digestion problems too. I turned 20 this july, these kind of pains that I am going through are kind of not normal for a 20year old, also, what I think maybe the cause is that I go through anxiety attacks quite often and I am a sensitive person. I cant think of any other reason. I want to figure this whole thing with good information what actually might be the problem so i need your advice.

Depression Guide

Have you ever used an online community or social network to self-diagnose a medical problem?: