How can I better my chances of conceiving?

It's been over 6 months I've been trying to get pregnant. I have not succeeded. Is there any way I can better my chances of becoming pregnant that I can do?

Can you tell us what you are currently doing? I'm not sure what to suggest, as I am not sure what you have already tried...

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

I have already tried changing my diet and eat more nutrients. I've beening taking the prenatal multivitamins for months to prepare myself for pregnancy. I have also tried the pregnancy tea that contains rasberry leaf. I've heard from a lot of people that it's worked for them to conceive but it wont work for me.

(reply to Anonymous)

There are quite a few products out there promising good results, but you can try another approach: become very familiar with your body.

Assuming you are healthy and have been to your OB/GYN within the past year, you can try many of the tracking techniques that help you learn about your body: when you are most fertile, and when you are likely to ovulate. Most of this is just to help predict, within a range, as it is also important to not become "obsessed" with your bodily functions and fluids, or over-analyze every symptom. It is a delicate balance of learning about your body, keeping yourself healthy and happy, and continuing to do things for yourself that bring you joy and help lessen your stress.

Tracking methods can include:
- Tracking your cervical mucus
- Tracking your basal temperature
- Using an ovulation predictor kit

Experts say that frequent (unprotected) sex, every-other day, is helpful throughout the calendar month. Please know that with each cycle, a woman "only" has 20% chance of conceiving, and it really does take many women 6-12 months to conceive...and it does not mean anything is wrong!

You can go online or to any bookstore to read about the above-mentioned tracking methods, and most of these sources provide tracking worksheets or spreadsheets so you can see trends in your body, and can better predict when you are most likely fertile.

After 12 consecutive months of trying to conceive, you can also call your doctor, as there are fertility medications that you can take to help increase your chances of conception.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thanks for the tips. I feel better knowing it doesn't mean that anything is wrong with me. I will just keep trying and have patience.