How can I choose a lighter hair color that's right for my skin tone?

By Anonymous April 20, 2015 - 2:38pm

Hello, I have been considering a lighter hair color for summer. I am skeptical because I have dark hair and dark eyebrows. My skin is pretty tan as well. Any tips I should consider while picking out a hair color?

Going lighter for summer is a nice idea. I am a natural dark blonde and get lots of free highlights in summer! 

If you have tan skin you should consider a caramel color (think of Jennifer Lopez in the late 90s - gorgeous color!) so that your darker eyebrows won't look silly, like they could with an ash blonde or any other "colder" color. Caramel is a fabulous warm, rich blonde. 

In my opinion, hair color has more to do with skin tone than eye or eyebrow color. 

I wrote an article recently on choosing colors that I think will help. It pertains mostly to fashion but the gist is the same - you can read it here:

Hair Products