Weight Loss

ask: How can I combat post-gallbladder-removal belly fat and weight gain during menopause?

By Beth_Browning

Hello, in October 2008 I was well into menopause but had no real issues with belly fat or overall weight gain. Then I had my gallbladder removed due to painful attacks of my common bile duct, as well as gallstones. I am appalled at the weight I have gained since the surgical procedure. In fact it is so upsetting (none of my clothes fit) that I feel at times clinically depressed. I've never had to fight weight gain before. Now I have an "unsupportive spine" as well, and must take occasional bouts of oral steroids to control the inflammation. I also have had two spinal epidural steroid injections, and wonder if these injections could cause me to gain weight. Any comments would be most welcome. Thank you!

Anonymous

Sticking to a weight reduction strategy always brings about a better change

http://www.bariatricsurgerybangalore.com/laparoscopic-gastric-balloon/

Anonymous

I have lost 40lbs in the last 6 months after following a program through http://dietplansreviewed.net/ which focuses on the two things we know are good for us: a healthy BALANCED diet combined with a cardio regime. It really is that simple. There is no need to over-complicate things and it is not rocket-science.

Anonymous

hello friends I found on this page you information on how to lose weight fast and maybe that is natural is not pills or medicines that may harm you if you are interested belly can enter
this page: http://howtolosebellyfast.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

Hello All,
A year and a half ago I had laparoscopic surgery to remove one ovary that had a 9cm fibroid attached to it. For the first three or four weeks I actually lost a few pounds from being on pain meds and from not having an appetite. Then I slowly started gaining weight to the point where I am feeling a lot of the emotions that have been described on this thread: depression, anger, hopelessness, etc. My weight was always around 167 at 5 ft. 7 inches, and I wanted to lose 20 pounds then! Now I would love to be 167 again! I got on the scales this morning and am heavier than I have ever been at 191! Going over 190 scares me because I feel I have no control over my weight. This prompted me to google weight gain after surgery, which is how I found this gallbladder thread. I am now wondering if it has something to do with surgery and an imbalance of something caused by the surgery as much as with the removal of the gallbladder/ovary, etc. I have two friends who had their gallbladder removed and they both have lost weight since then. I also have struggled with many of the symptoms on here of upset/painful stomach/bloating after eating certain foods, fat around my middle and arms and hips, uncontrollable weight gain--even though I am exercising and not eating dramatically different than I ever did. I also have struggled with constipation and diarrhea, to the point that my doctor scheduled a colonoscopy, which was fine. I was also diagnosed with anemia, so I take iron and B12 to help the iron absorb. This has helped my energy level tremendously! I would definitely recommend this if you feel tired. My doctor called to tell me my last iron test was better and I can quit taking them, but I don't plan on stopping! I need energy right now!
I can tell you that the weight I have gained is pure fat! It has cellulite and I feel like at times that I am bigger than when I was pregnant with my three kids--and I definitely weigh more! I can also relate to basically starving myself to the point that the bile in my stomach makes me feel sick. Also, I have to eat something to take my vitamins, or they upset my stomach, too. I am basically eating the same as pre-surgery, so what in the world is going on except a change in my body chemistry caused by the surgery? I bought some probiotics online a couple months ago, but I quit taking them when I couldn't tell if they were increasing the diarrhea. I will start those again and also take Vitamin D. I am 46, so I am perimenopausal. I feel very frustrated! Thank you to all of you for searching for answers and sharing them on this site.

Anonymous

I'm in the Army, work out 5days a week and I still gained weight after my surgery...nothing had changed in my life outside of the surgery. I was still eating good, exercising etc. After I failed a tape test (basically the Army said my belly was, too fat...urrgghh) I started looking for anything and everything to change in my life so I could start losing again. I saw the Army dietician here on post, as well as our unit Physician Assistant and nothing I implemented, diet or exercise worked. I struggled at this for about 6 months after failing my tape test.

I tried a couple of fat burners with no luck and spent like $40 to $50 for a month supply for each of them. Plus they gave me an upset stomach which wasn't cool.

A buddy of mine referred me to http://bit.ly/1uNgb1Z After I looked into the company more and realized the products are all natural, non-gmo, chemical free etc. I decided to give it a try. I bought the FightFighter for $39 for a month supply. I take it daily after dinner, and a month and a half later I've lost an average of 2lbs per week. Now granted I'm still working out and eating healthy but I'm back to my normal diet/exercise pre surgery. This is the only thing I've found to help me. I have since signed up for the company's loyal customer program that they have so I can get the same bottle for only $23.00. For me, to keep my job in the Army, and to end my weight loss frustration it's worth that small $23/mo price lol!! I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having luck on this stuff. Oh and it hasn't given me any negative side effects which is cool.

Anonymous

Tips to Lose Weight Fast
Fats are enemies of the diet. They provide too many calories. It is therefore recommended steamed, grilled and use the microwave. The natural food is also healthier and better maintains the vitamins and minerals from food.
Food is a pleasure. You have to enjoy eating. The diet should not be torture. Thus positive change menus. A diet that causes suffering is not a good diet.
Do not obsess over the scale. Once weekly should be weighed naked and fasting. Losing weight is a progressive achievement.
No snacking. Do between meals is all you get for storing fat and pulls all the efforts to meet the diet. If you can not avoid it, it is best to eat pieces of fruit, nonfat yogurt ... calming hunger without consuming calories.
Find out more here: http://howtolosebellyfast.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

I am. 24 years old and had my gallbladder removed in 2011, I was 57 kg prior to surgery . Since than I put on 25kg! I eat vegan diet because any sort of meat or fat even natural make me so sick and the pain is like before I had it out if I eat the 'wrong ' foods, I exercise 5 days a week... Nothing worked ... I went to my doctor and he prescribed duromine and othoplex repairase. I'm now back at 64 kg. hope this helps.

I'm dealing with the same problem!:( I gained 15 lbs in 2 months. Did you go to your gastro doctor? I'm getting married in 3 months and this is totally unacceptable. Help!

Anonymous

2003 I was rushed to the emergency room with stabbing back pain and gladly had my gall bladder removed and never had that pain again. Surgeon said my Gall Bladder was atrophied. I have gained 75 lbs. Ten years of peri menopause, an attack of pancreatitus, feel no help from doctors. Truly wonder if i just stopped eating all together if i'd feel better? Has fasting worked for anyone? It's 5am and i woke with acid indigestion and constipation. My belief system is hopeless.

I'm the "original poster" of this issue and I am so very sympathetic to your weight gain issue. I think my weight gain has a lot to do with the injury to my vagus nerve, for which there is no cure. I've just restarted bile salts and milk thistle, with high hopes. I will add Vitamin D and a good probiotic, with great hopes and thanks to those who have recommended these products. I wish to God above I had never had my gallbladder removed, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride. Bless you all for your kind and helpful responses. ~ Beth

Do you have problems with your weight during the holiday season?: