Weight Loss

ask: How can I combat post-gallbladder-removal belly fat and weight gain during menopause?

By Beth_Browning

Hello, in October 2008 I was well into menopause but had no real issues with belly fat or overall weight gain. Then I had my gallbladder removed due to painful attacks of my common bile duct, as well as gallstones. I am appalled at the weight I have gained since the surgical procedure. In fact it is so upsetting (none of my clothes fit) that I feel at times clinically depressed. I've never had to fight weight gain before. Now I have an "unsupportive spine" as well, and must take occasional bouts of oral steroids to control the inflammation. I also have had two spinal epidural steroid injections, and wonder if these injections could cause me to gain weight. Any comments would be most welcome. Thank you!

Anonymous

I thank every one of you, because I had my galbladder out in July 2014 and have gained 10lbs. I am 5'7" and never weighed more than 143, and now I'm at an all time high of 153. I exercise 3x's weekly and eat very clean. I don't eat alot of red meat. I am very depressed over this weight gain, and spent the whole day yesterday crying. Maybe we should all keep in touch, form a support group and coach each other in positive ways. Again thank you for making me feel that I am not alone in this. I am so happy I have found you all. Hugs to everyone and let think positive :)

I am also in the same boat as you all. I have gained 50lbs since having gallbladder removed and liver resection in 2011. I also had bilateral mastectomy a year before. I never had weight issues before. My surgeon was afraid that I was to thin for the surgery. I am at my lowest point in my life. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I am so depressed. I latterly am starving myself and I still gaining weight. If anyone out there knows something that will help please let me know. Thanks praying that this will change. I want to also say it is comforting to know that I am not the only one going through this nightmare.

Anonymous

I am having the same problems. I've gained 60 lbs in a year and have NEVER had a problem with my weight.

I found this site...it may actually help http://mirandajorgenson.com/2014/07/is-your-gallbladder-or-lack-of-stopp...

Anonymous

I had my surgery over an year ago and for many months I suffered with diarrhea. I had to go immediately the restroom after eating certain foods. Then, this problem suddenly went away and another problema came: weight gain! I put on 10 pounds in 3 months and I have been trying everything you can imagine to lose it and nothing works =[ I go to the gym every single day, I eat a lot of health food (of course I eat chocolate sometimes...), but I have reduced my meals in half size. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed. I so much prefer diarrhea than weight. I just don't know what to do anymore... And I enjoy eating. I don't want to drink smoothies all day because I can't eat anymore. Please, help me! If you guys have faced the same situation let me know if you have suggestions.
Thanks

Anonymous

I had my gallbladder removed last Wednesday,
and so far recovery is going well! Slow, but no problems so far! Yesterday i left the house for the first time since surgery. Thank to the informative article that help me to recover!
galdbladderhelp.com.

Anonymous

Hi
After having problems over a few years of the horrid uncomfortable pain, after my last bad bout of pain my gall bladder was so badly infected they removed it finally two weeks ago today by keyhole. I had not eaten for the week before, just slept, was practically out of it. I was admitted & given strong antibiotics, dyhydrocodeine and morphine pre op. After op I was so relieved, the medication dulled any pain, within a few days I could stop taking any painkillers. I had a gentle swim today. The four points of entry for op are healing nicely. I am relieved that so far I am having no problems whatsoever. My mother, my brothers have all had the same procedure. None of us are grossly overweight or put on lots of weight. I am hoping by being sensible, giving my body every chance of recovery, I will be the same. My experience post op has been good. In fact I am going back to work on Tuesday (light admin job). So its not the end of the world. I know not all can say the same, we are all different but my message is that its not the end of the world. There are lots worse off. Good luck.

Anonymous

My dear epidural dnt make you gain weight its your liver that's causing you to gain weight.

Jadetheenigma (reply to Anonymous)

its not just the liver man your gallbladder helps you digest fat if you dont have a gallbladder its like open season on your midsection, muffin top, thighs, back, arms etc...

Vanity

It sounds it is not related only with diet but Liver issues.

Anonymous

Okay seriously I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago and gained 5 lbs of pure fat every year. I was officially 50 lbs over weight and it was a bodysuit of fat. Last year I saw a book that offered a 10 day detox and I did the 10 days and lost 15 lbs without any problem. This same author had another book that included detox information, meal plans and exercise. Well that's working too. I had become addicted to finding an answer. I take a mixture of supplements and drink liver detox tea daily. I was told by my Colonic tech that people without their Gallbladders need to do a liver detox often. She also stated we should not eat sugar, dairy, fried food, processed food or complex carbs like pasta or bread. Lol I'm now a Vegan and happy to say this belly and over hang are shrinking. Check out Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ Smith and she has a website www.jjsmithonline.com If you have a good blender, juicer or anything similar it will work Good Luck and thanks for letting me know I am not alone :-) Here's the book my Colonic tech recommended...I love it! The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse by Andreas Moritz. We don't have the Gallbladder but the Liver Cleanse was amazing and gave me a bigger boost. Ohhhh and buy a Pedometer or Fitbit to make sure you walk 10,000 steps a day and drink all the Green Tea you can stand :-) ok I'm finished . KarenAnn

Do you have problems with your weight during the holiday season?: