Weight Loss

ask: How can I combat post-gallbladder-removal belly fat and weight gain during menopause?

Hello, in October 2008 I was well into menopause but had no real issues with belly fat or overall weight gain. Then I had my gallbladder removed due to painful attacks of my common bile duct, as well as gallstones. I am appalled at the weight I have gained since the surgical procedure. In fact it is so upsetting (none of my clothes fit) that I feel at times clinically depressed. I've never had to fight weight gain before. Now I have an "unsupportive spine" as well, and must take occasional bouts of oral steroids to control the inflammation. I also have had two spinal epidural steroid injections, and wonder if these injections could cause me to gain weight. Any comments would be most welcome. Thank you!

Anonymous

Had reached 97 kg when I decided I had to do something, I felt like reduced mobility, tired quickly, I lean hard. I was recommended a very publicized that gave amazing results many people and I decided to try it myself. There are pills that help burn fat very well and is also recommended by doctors as being very safe. In about two months I got to the weight of 68 kg and I stopped taking the pills. Now keep in shape by doing different sports easier when I have time. This product I recommend to everybody because I think it is the best. I hope I have been as little help with my intervention, I bought him at the address below:

http://mhlnk.com/194C96E7

Anonymous

Can I ask - has anyone actually had any success with their Dr? I had my gallbladder removed two years ago and have been suffering from PCS since - pain, nausea and vomiting etc. I have modified my diet - I don't eat any meat now as that would cause too many issues (vomiting after eating) I don't cook with olive oil or eat eggs (as that caused diarrhea straight after eating) and keep somewhat clear of heavy meals as digestion seems to be an issue. In terms of my diet I'm happy now with how I manage it, what I have an issue with is the weight gain I'm experiencing. Just to maintain my weight I can only eat 1300 calories a day PLUS exercise for 60 minuntes each day at high intensity interval and strength training, burning around 700 calories each workout. IF I do not exercise but stick to my diet I can put on 3lbs in a week. I have increased by 2 dress sizes since the summer and I am so depressed it is really impacting my life. I just cannot bring my weight down and I cannot just stay where I am without running myself into the ground. My DR seems uninterested and cannot come up with any ideas - I've been seeing them for six months now asking for help...I have started taking natural remedies to help with digestion and aid the process of fats, carbs and proteins but it's not really helping. There have to be something someone can suggest or help me with because otherwise I just don't know what else I can do.

Anonymous

Before having my gallbladder out I lost 57 pounds due to not eating and feeling sick and pain occasionally. I then had my gallbladder out about a year and a half ago. Now, I notice I am slowly gaining the weight back that I lost...I have gained about 22 of it back and I don't understand how?! I still watch what I eat and due to back problems that I have had for 20 years can't do much activity since I have to have 7 surgeries soon.

Anonymous

I too had my gallbladder removed in January 2012. Although I work out faithfully I had seen an increase in my weight... I had taken many "diet" pills to assist with the weight lost but all failed. I have done research and currently I am taking OxBile 3x's a day and drinking Metamucill in the morning and before bed. It's working.. im actually losing weight. Good luck to all.. it's a hard road to take.. but there is a solution that will work for you. I (FINALLY) found mine.

Anonymous

I had my gallbladder removed 3so months ago and immediately started with the weight gain which I've never been able to put on! After reading and reading and trying what I thought was everything. I went back to my probiotics that I've always used for my ibs, within days I noticed a difference! And after gaining about 15 lbs in just my gut, Im very small framed, my tummy is flat and lean again. Its the only thing that helps!! I use the nature made triple probiotic, its about 20 dollars per month but so worth it and I don't feel nearly as bloated all the time either

kms36

About the Vitamin D. i have been taking 50000 units once a week for almost 3 months and still cant get my energy back. now that summer is here i think i need to spend it in the sun. im still struggling to lose weight. people whom i havent seen in a while told me i have lost. i dont see it anywhere -- i totally regret having my galbladder removed. even if it was an emergency.. UGGG. im trying to be so healthy and for what?

Anonymous

From what I've read (particularly from the Weston A Price literature and site) if you take fermented cod liver oil (I believe they recommend the Green Pastures brand, because its not heat treated, but is cold pressed), the vitamin D is easily absorbed, with or without a gall bladder.

I've been meaning to get this fermented CLO, sounds like just what I need.

Pamelamiabella

About Vitamin D, take every day, test show almost none is being absorbed, have read that without gallbladder you cannot absorb, only Sun which I only get a few months out of the year.

Pamelamiabella

Also since gallbladder have had thyroid problems, and mouth problems, I really believe without gallbladder you are going to have to become major health crazy and never will have a normal life, we should all get together with Oprah and let the world know about this

Anonymous (reply to Pamelamiabella)

Or maybe Dr. Oz. I watch his show daily because it keeps me motivated to be healthy. I do agree that you cannot go on with the same diet and maintain a healty weight. You can't even eat bad in moderation. The majority of you diet must be protein, fruits, and vegetables (90%) and the rest fats and sugar (10%).

Do you have problems with your weight during the holiday season?: