How Can I get rid of this?

By March 12, 2012 - 8:33am

Hi, About a month ago I had a really cold I was all stuffed up and had ear and throat pain. I'm all better though but ever since I have this phlegm stuck in my throat and nose and I can't get rid of it. I even went to a ENT specialist and he gave me nasonex, a kind of solution to gargle with they all are helpful but I still can't get rid of this phlegm. I keep choking on it especially in my sleep. Is their something I should do about it? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Melissa

Okay thanks I'll give them a try.

Hi Melissa

Keep taking your medicine as instructed and give it more time. The after effects of a bad cold or flu can last up to six weeks.

Natural ways to help are steamy showers and/or placing your covered head over a bowl of steaming water to clear your passages.

Another idea is aromatherapy massage - you can read all about it here: http://www.empowher.com/holistic-health/content/aromatherapy-massage-purge-lung-phlegm

Wearing a nose strip (like Breath Right strips) can help you breath better at night.

I hope these ideas can help you!

~Susan